Amdocs somos una empresa del giro de IT, enfocada al giro de telecomunicaciones, con 35 años en el mercado, presencia a nivel internacional en diferentes países como Estados Unidos, Canadá, China, Israel, India, España, Brazil, Chile, etc., con mas de 25,000 empleados alrededor del mundo y mas de 500 en México.
Actualmente estamos buscando un: Technology Engineer
Who are we?
If you're a smartphone user then you are part of an ever more connected and digital world. At Amdocs, we are leading the digital revolution into the future. From virtualized telecommunications networks, Big Data and Internet of Things to mobile financial services, billing and operational support systems, we are continually evolving our business to help you become more connected. We make sure that when you watch a video on YouTube, message friends on SnapChat or send your images on Instagram, you get a great service anytime, anywhere, and on any device. We are at the heart of the telecommunications industry working with giants such as AT&T, Vodafone, Telstra and Telefonica, helping them create an amazing new world for you where technology is being used in amazing new ways every single day.
In one sentence
Sets up, installs and maintains the software environments for any product permutation
What will your job look like?
- You will work with different units (Version Manager, Development , testing, customer) to provide software delivery from compilation to runtime (simple and complex environments) by driving for error free configuration and zero downtime for all utilities.
- You will handle setup of various SCM (Software Configuration Management) environments and build mechanisms in Amdocs and non-Amdocs environment.
- You will provide full guidance on compiling, packaging and SCM (Software Configuration Management) tool to development teams during all product life cycle phases
- You will optimize build process: Implement latest tools and Improve existing utilities
- You will troubleshoot build errors (simple & complex) and provide immediate and long term solutions.
- You will design, configure, install and upgrade environments (e.g. stand alone, integrated, clustered) through the product life cycle (development, test, UAT, production) for internal and external users.
- You will configure third party software (Java, WL, Maven) in the supported different types of environments and build in conjunction with development and architecture.
All you need is...
- Understanding of the different stages of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle
- Proficiency in Shell Scripting and Automation
- Good knowledge of Unix/Linux Server platform
- Basic understanding of the Middleware technologies (Web logic, Web sphere, IBM MQ Series, Oracle Tuxedo) and basic database technologies
- Familiarity with CC (Configuration Control) tools
- Knowledge of Telecom Domain - advantage
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline
- Fluent English
Why you will love this job?
- You will have a wide scope of activities
- You will have excellent products and solutions
- You will have scope for professional development