The product solution provides multi-10 Gbps capacity, security and performance testing for network infrastructures, Web application infrastructures and Triple Play services ensuring Quality of Service (QoS) and Quality of Experience (QoE) for your customers.
Types of tests that can be executed using the product:
- Infected host emulation
- Binary transfer emulation
- Malware testing under load
Network Device Performance
- Provides performance and capacity testing for today's content-aware networking devices including: Next-generation firewalls, anti-virus systems, IDS/IPS, load balancers and more
- Provides extensive testing for secure network communication, vulnerability assessment with thousands of up-to-date attack profiles, user authentication and advanced IPsec, SSL and RADIUS
Triple Play Performance
- Validates QoE for triple play and media services including: Adaptive Bit Rate streaming video, unicast and multi cast streaming video, SIP/VoIP
- Provides realistic application against real web services and applications with realistic browser and user behavior emulation
- Allows hyper-realistic application layer and security traffic testing directly in virtual environments to assure capacity and capabilities of virtual devices, services, and applications
• Provide technical support to customers, sales engineers, and the sales team (Tasks may include on-site support).
• Maintain and manage the global support lab located onsite (order equipment, install, configure)
• Diagnosing, troubleshooting, and debugging computer networking equipment.
• Reproducing issues and filing defects for engineering.
• Advise management on product development issues arising from product problems identified through technical support calls with customers.
• Complete and maintain records of customer issues, product defects, etc., using Spirent's CRM tools
• Contribute to the Spirent knowledge base.
• Other duties as assigned / required.
Work schedule - 9am - 5pm Pacific Standard Time
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
Ability to work in a fast paced environment and effectively manage multiple priorities.
• Ability to learn new technologies related to a wide range of application layer testing including storage, media and web technologies.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or regulations.
• Knowledge of TCP/IP networking and Internet technologies including firewalls, web applications, server load balancers, caches, IPS/IDS sensors, remote access (IPSec, SSL VPN) devices as well as anti-malware solutions.
• Knowledge of Virtualization and Cloud services.
• Established expertise in some of the following networking protocols and their extensions but not limited to: HTTP, SSL, IPSec, FTP, SMTP, POP3, DNS, CIFS, NFS, telnet, VoD, SIP, streaming media (Microsoft, Adobe, QuickTime), SNMP, DHCP, IPv4, IPv6, P2P
• Have in-depth understanding of some of following networking concepts: TCP/IP, Ethernet, VoIP, VLAN, QoS, Triple Play.
• Knowledge of network security concepts, including methodology and morphology of network attacks, including attacks listed on the SANS top 20.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and the employees of the company.
• Formal training and certification in networking concepts such as Cisco certification is desired.
• Experience with Test & Measurement tools like Spirent, Ixia, SwiftTest, etc. desired.
• Experience with Knowledge Centered Support (KCS) desired.
• Automation experience, especially Tcl, would be considered an asset.
We offer relocation support within MX
Lugar de Trabajo