Associate, Algo Developer
Nivel de Inglés
Location: New York, NY
17 State St #3801
Job Family Group:
Capital Markets Sales & Service
Applies knowledge of Capital Markets and advanced analytic algorithms and technologies (e.g. machine learning, deep learning, artificial intelligence) to deliver better predictions and/or intelligent automation that enables smarter business decisions, improved customer experience, and drives productivity. Applies strong communication and story-telling skills to summarize statistical/algorithmic findings, draw business conclusions, and present actionable insight in a way that resonates with business/groups. Drives innovation through the development of Data & AI products that can be leveraged across the organization and establishes best practices in in alignment with Data & AI governance frameworks of BMO. Uses technical expertise to support growing the business of Capital Markets and delivering an exceptional customer experience in partnership with colleagues.
- Provides input to product development and marketing to grow the overall business.
- Seeks to develop an understanding of client needs and outcomes and provides relevant ideas and opinions to generate recommendations.
- Provides support for an outstanding client experience.
- Provides timely responses to all client questions and issues.
- Drives continuous service improvements and client satisfaction with an ultimate focus on business retention.
- Conducts research on market (micro) structure, develops and enhances models that drive the trading algorithms and analytics.
- Collaborates with internal Sales team and external clients on algorithm customizations.
- Develops analytical solutions and makes recommendations based on an understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs.
- Provides advice and guidance to assigned business/group on implementation of analytical solutions.
- Works with stakeholders to identify the business requirements, understand distinct problems and expected outcomes, and models and frames business scenarios which impact critical business processes and/or decisions.
- Works with various data owners to discover and select available data from internal sources and external vendors (e.g. lending system, payment system, external credit rating system, and alternative data) to fulfill analytical needs.
- Applies scripting / programming skills to assemble various types of source data (unstructured, semi-structured, and structured) into well-prepared datasets with multiple levels of granularities (e.g., demographics, customers, products, transactions).
- Develops agreed analytical solution by applying suitable statistical & machine learning techniques (e.g., A/B testing, prototype solutions, mathematical models, algorithms, machine learning, deep learning, artificial intelligence) to test, verify, refine hypotheses.
- Summarizes statistical findings and draws conclusions, presents actionable business recommendations. Presents findings & recommendations in a simple, clear way to drive action.
- Documents data flow, systems and processes in data collection to improve efficiency and apply use cases.
- Performs experimental design approaches to validate finding or test hypotheses.
- Uses the appropriate algorithms to discover patterns.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders and ensures alignment.
- Supports development of tools and delivers training for data analytics and AI.
- Supports development and execution of strategic and product development initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Leads/participates in the design, implementation and management of core business/group processes.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently on a range of complex tasks, which may include unique situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 4 – 6 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of visualization techniques and concepts.
- Knowledge of distributed computing and/or distributed databases.
- Experience with distributed computing language (e.g. Hive / Hadoop/ Spark) & cloud technologies (e.g. AWS Sagemaker, AzureML).
- Experience with programming languages (e.g. SQL, Python, R, SAS, SPSS, , Perl) and machine learning /deep learning algorithms/packages (e.g. XGBoost, H2O, SparkML).
- Experience in statistical analysis, data mining, and data cleansing / transformation.
- Knowledge of Capital Markets technical/business environment and processes.
- Technical proficiency gained through education and/or business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills – In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills – In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills – In-depth.
- Influence skills – In-depth.
- Data driven decision making – In-depth.
We’re here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.