Associate Director – UX Design
Nivel de Inglés
Location: Austin, TX
Alternate Location: Irving, TX
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
Gartner research and insights help business leaders make more effective decisions every day. Our Corporate Marketing team strives to understand the needs of the customers and communities we serve and designing the most effective programs to profitability meet those needs. This team accelerates sales activity by attracting, engaging and converting leaders and their teams through the delivery of compelling Gartner insights and experiences throughout the buyer journey.
The Associate Director will be responsible for optimizing Gartner’s public website to improve the user experience and increase business outcomes.
What you will do:
- Proactively identify areas of user friction and high impact opportunities for website optimization. Create and test potential solutions to solve these challenges.
- Validate design solutions through user testing, user research, and user feedback to ensure design implemented achieves desired goals
- Serve as the user experience expert to inform product owners, designers, and developers of usability best practices as new solutions are designed and implemented
- Be flexible with design options, considering additional data/information/feedback from stakeholders and providing alternative solutions as necessary
- Manage large-scale, high-visibility projects that require input and signoff from multiple internal groups (for example: Website navigation, form design, and search). Synthesize information on the project goals and user impacted to guide stakeholders towards the best solutions.
- Continuously seek usability best practices to keep up-to-date on the ever changing field
What you will need:
- Experience working with Marketing, IT, and User Research teams
- 4-6 years experience in web design, user experience design, user interface design, or related field
- Firm understanding of using a content management system; Adobe Experience Manager preferred
- Ability to leverage design prototyping tools; InVision and Sketch (preferred)
- Work experience with a collaborative, global organization
- Expertise in project management, planning, organizing and implementing strategic business plans
- HTML and CSS development skills
- Optimize the public website to enhance the user experience and ultimately increase business impact, generating more engaged users, more leads, and more revenue.
- Share usability best practice guidance with marketing, design, and IT teams so they understand why a solution is preferable and will be able to make more usability-informed decisions in the future.
What We Offer:
- Limitless growth and learning opportunities.
- A collaborative and positive culture — Your team will be as smart and driven as you
- Outstanding compensation — Plus competitive benefits and generous time off
- A chance to make an impact — Your work will contribute directly to our strategy
Job Requisition ID:46173
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.