Autonomous Vehicles Platform – Senior Technical Program Manager
Nivel de Inglés
Location: Santa Clara, CA
We are now looking for a Srenior Technical Program Manager.
The Automotive Vehicles Platform team is searching for a creative and experienced Software Release/Program Manager to help us bring NVIDIA’s autonomous vehicle platform out to the world. You will participate in a focused effort to develop and productize ground-breaking solutions that will redefine the world of transportation and the growing field of self-driving cars. You will work with hardworking and dedicated multi-functional engineering development teams across various vehicle subsystems to integrate their work into our autonomous driving DRIVE SW platform, while achieving or exceeding all relevant NVIDIA and automotive standards & guidelines. You’ll find the work is exciting, fun, and meaningful. We have customers, and competition.
We are the leading artificial intelligence computing company and are paving the way with innovations in gaming, visualization, supercomputing and self-driving cars. As a key member of our Automotive Vehicles Platform Team, you will be a key leader responsible for the managing the software development of our autonomous driving software stack. NVIDIA gives automakers, Tier 1 suppliers, automotive research institutions, and start-ups the power and flexibility to develop and deploy breakthrough artificial intelligence systems for self-driving vehicles. Our unified computing architecture enables training deep neural networks in the data center on the NVIDIA DGX Systems, and then seamlessly runs them on NVIDIA DRIVE AGX inside the vehicle. Today, we are working with over 270 partners that are using our platform in the development of autonomous cars, trucks, shuttles and taxis.
What you’ll be doing:
Manage automotive software development and releases in a highly multifaceted environment, with release cadence of 1-3 months.
- Work with the engineering team to come up with and handle project roadmaps, schedules, milestones and work you’re doing as part of the development team. Coordinate release content and efforts with multiple program/engineering managers who own individual components.
- Handle risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality.
- Work closely with the leadership team to help define measures of release quality using industry standards.
- Establish metrics to assist with assessing the health of the release.
- Guide the team on executing in proper agile/scrum manner.
- Assist in improving process and procedures within the team. Help streamline day-to-day operations.
- Regularly communicate the program status and key issues to management and across teams within the organization.
What we need to see:
BS/MS Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years recent Program/Project Management experience driving the planning and execution of software engineering projects, and releasing commercial products.
- Experience handling at least few successful releases with the short release cadence in a dynamic environment.
- You have a consistent record of leading and successfully delivering medium to large programs and projects, process improvements.
- Shown ability to evaluate and drive adoption of new and improved process workflows in medium to large organizations
- Experience with new product introduction and program managing research teams is a plus.
- Expertise in Agile and Scrum methodology
- Previous experience & lived a life as a software developer or software QA engineer. Understand the pressures they are under, allowing you to more effectively lead them in projects as well as process.
- Familiarity with embedded systems is a plus.
- Prior experience in Automotive system integration is a plus.
- Experience in successfully leading global projects across time zones
- Experience with Jira and/or JAMA, to the point that you can comfortable teach an engineering team how to use these tools and execute in an Agile/scrum manner
- PMP, Scrum Master certification is a plus.
NVIDIA is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.