David Seijo (Headhunter Freelance)
What we´re looking for
An emerging Artificial Intelligence company based in San Francisco is looking for an experienced backend engineer that can bring mastery into our platform development, and help into the transition to a complete SaaS. We’re growing fast and are taking on exciting challenges of keeping up with new product development while scaling our services to support higher volume and more clients.
- Collaborate daily with the product owner, internal stakeholders, and other engineers to design, build and optimize our platform.
- Own the platform API and be responsible for its well being and growth.
- Drive and implement new features
- Documenting issues, tasks, and progress.
- Work with the team to QA and test features as well as to find and resolve issues.
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Take an active role in all stages of the development: conceptualization, architecture design, build, test and release.
- Provide guidance for less experienced engineers
- Have a good balance between technical debt and developing new features
- Strong programming skills in Ruby / Rails
- Experience working with larger teams
- Strong understanding of modern back-end service ecosystem frameworks: Rails, Microservices, etc.
- Wide experience with databases (preferred MySQL and MongoDB)
- Proven experience with TDD (we use RSpec)
- Keen knowledge of design and architecture patterns
- Experience working with SaaS platforms
- 3+ years of backend engineering experience, ideally building products from ideation to launch on a strong engineering team.
- Experience with AWS (ECS, EC2, Lambdas, RDS, API Gateway, Rekognition)
- Experience with GraphQL
- Knowledge of Docker