Nivel de Inglés
The primary responsibility of the Business Intelligence Developer is to work with the Business Intelligence Team to create innovative data solutions to strengthen Carhartt’s competitive advantage. The BI Developer will work on a dynamic and exciting team to create data visualizations, data applications and analytic components for the entire enterprise.
We Are All Leaders at Carhartt
In our words and by our actions, we strive to emulate the hardworking example set forth by our founder, Hamilton Carhartt. We Lead Business by creating value, delivering on results, and making changes along the way. We Lead Self by being dependable, because hardworking people count on us to have their back every day. We Lead Others by communicating and clearly defining the path as we walk bravely into the future. Working at Carhartt, we are all given a seat at the table and the honor of continuing the legacy.
· Design and develop data visualizations utilizing Microsoft Power BI and/or SSRS
· Provide individual support for access, training, and usage of Power BI dashboards
· Build data models to support new dashboards and to simplify the data access for power users
· Augment and extend semantic data layers
· Write T-SQL to support the creation of new dashboards and also to audit data accuracy
· Manage the data glossary of metrics and definitions of terms as they relate to the BI team’s dashboards
· Assists in writing instructions and procedures, and/or manuals to be used by the business to help with training of new visualizations
· Collaborate with the entire BI team to manage the standards BI adheres to in building cohesive and consistent deliverables
· Participate in the BI team’s agile process writing stories, managing tasks, and committing to the completion of assigned deliverables
· Ensure quality and data integrity across the entire reporting domain and proper integration testing is performed before introducing reports to the production environment
· May perform a wide variety of technical and clerical tasks, including but not limited to: defining or documenting processes, procedures, or system, ongoing support work, or department functions requiring daily or weekly routine maintenance
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or equivalent years of experience
Required Skills & Experience
· Minimum of 5 years of experience including Microsoft Power BI, Microsoft SQL Server environment and data transformation tools such as Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services
· Experience with semantic layer tools such Microsoft SSAS or Business Objects Universes is preferred
· Demonstrated knowledge in the use of business tools, as related to work tasks (Word, Visio, Net Meeting, Power Point, Excel, MS Project, etc.)
· Excellent written and oral communication skills with the proven ability to communicate with all levels including management and retail partners
· Ability to fluently read, write and speak both English and Spanish
· Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize workload and attention to detail
· Demonstrated ability to carry out project and/or assigned work duties
· Open to feedback
· Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
· Hybrid work environment – mix of on-site and work from home.
· Typical office environment; cubicle setting. Extended periods of time sitting, standing, typing on a computer is required.
· Willing to work some weekends if necessary.
· National travel required (up to 10%).