Tipo de puesto
Empleado de tiempo completo
IT Business Analyst
We are a US-based insurance company looking for talent to be employed through Centris Information, our partner in Monterrey, MX.
Requirement: Must be fully fluent in the English language
ALL RESUMES MUST BE SUBMITTED IN ENGLISH.
We are seeking a talented individual to join our team as an IT Business Analyst. Reporting to the IT Product Team manager, the IT Business Analyst provides support to IT customers by assisting them in clearly capturing and communicating their business needs. Addresses those business needs by defining current and proposed business process changes and develops business requirements for proposed system enhancements.
What you will be doing:
· Defines business processes and procedures
· Works with customers to streamline and improve processes
· Consults with business management and personnel to identify and document business needs and objectives as they relate to current and /or future business needs
· Work with technical teams, business units and others to develop and implement effective solutions
· Performs comprehensive discovery and analysis activities to develop new or modified system requirements
· Provide written documentation on new functionality, enhancements and/or procedural changes caused by code changes
· Provides estimates for requirements completion
· Follows project plans, as they are developed, to completion in a timely and efficient manner.
· Translates business requirements into functional specifications
· Provides additional project level support to the project team on an as needed basis including organizing, scheduling, facilitating project meetings, assisting with scope definition, issue tracking and resolution as well as participation during design phase
· Provides support during testing phase, as needed according to standardized testing procedures.
· Inform managers, users and others as needed on status of open issues and planned resolutions to those issues
· Offer ideas and/or solutions to make systems, procedures, workflows more productive and efficient
· Tracks and documents changes to business requirements and functional specifications
· Creates or assists others in the writing of user documentation, instructions, and procedures
· Monitors and documents post-implementation problems and revision requests
· Identifies business strengths and weaknesses and recommends areas of improvement.
· Other, related duties, as assigned
You should have:
· Bachelor's degree from a 4-year institution, with emphasis in Information Technology, is preferred. Graduation from technical or junior college or partial university attendance, when combined with relevant course of instruction and/or relevant work experience in Information Technology is acceptable.
· Minimum of 2 years of experience as a Business Analyst or project manager with standard software development project management processes (SDLC, waterfall, agile) or 2-year equivalent business experience
· Experience with Guidewire PolicyCenter and or BillingCenter is required, with personal auto experience preferred
· Experience with standard software development project management processes (SDLC, waterfall, Agile)
· Experience with standard analysis and documentation techniques (use cases, business rules, process diagrams)
· Strong ability to balance competing needs and priorities, and to stay focused on the priorities of the overall business
· Excellent verbal and written skills, people skills, presentation skills, and facilitation skills
· Ability to analyze and understand requirement specifications for functionality, performance, workflow and programming needs
· Test, resolve issues, compile and maintain detail documentation for issues, solutions and results
· Work on multiple assignments at once in a timely and efficient manner to meet scheduled completion requirements
· Knowledge and proficiency of the following: Spreadsheet software, word processing software, project management software, flow diagram software, internet basics