As Carrier Sales Representative, you will focus on the fast-paced brokerage aspect at one of the fastest growing cross-border freight brokers offering both carriers and shippers a differentiated value proposition through technology and attractive payment terms.
You will help customers move their inventory in the most cost-effective way by identifying and providing solutions through your carrier relationships.
If you have carrier rep experience at another cross border freight broker or 3PL focused on US/Mexico trucking, then this role might be perfect for you.
- Ensure the service of the loads are meeting the customer expectations.
- Holding carriers accountable for on-time pickup and deliveryTracking and tracing loads in a timely and efficient manner.
- Negotiating rates with carriers.
- Developing relationships and growing volume with carriers.
- Constantly prospecting and setting up new carriers in system.
- Updating our systems in an effective, timely manner Internal communication with sales and operations department.
Salary: base + commissions + benefits.
- You speak both English & Spanish fluently. For this particular, seamlessly switching between English & Spanish is a must. A typical day could involve solving exceptions with a carrier in Mexico in Spanish to helping put together an RFQ for a Fortune 100 client in USA in English.
- You understand US/Mexico cross border freight. You have at least 1 year experience in cross border freight; this means you have likely moved hundreds of loads across the US/Mexico border at another 3PL or freight broker as a carrier representative.
- You have empathy with carriers. You think about our overall service, our brand, and most importantly, our carriers in a holistic way; our carriers are your customer, and you are not afraid to dig into operations issues and make sure carriers prefer to work with the company over others.
- You move with speed. You move incredibly fast, overcoming obstacles with speed. You are nimble and help solve problems.
- You are a problem solver. You are self-motivated, solutions-minded, and proactive in solving problems quickly and with best practices.
- You are low ego. Collaboration is your best method. You don’t care or remember who came up with the best idea. Sales reps, carrier reps, operations reps, shippers, and carriers all love working with you.
- You find joy in excellence. You love doing things the right way, and are always looking for both incremental and critical ways to improve your work, your team, and your processes.
- You manage stress well. Logistics can be quite stressful; the freight never stops moving, exceptions happen all the time, and sometimes shippers and carriers make our life hard. You are the person everyone wants on their team during the stressful times, because you keep your calm and are always looking for solutions instead of complaining.