AstraZeneca IT’s Global Infrastructure Services (GIS) team delivers public and private Cloud services to internal customers. These services range from Cloud Advisory, Automation, Architecture through to Delivery.
Within GIS, is the Cloud Advisory team who provide the customer interface to our internal and external Cloud services. The Cloud Infrastructure Design Architect is a key role within the Cloud Advisory team and is focused on working with our Business IT teams to get best value from our Cloud services portfolio, identifying and delivering new services and providing solutions to meet customer needs.
Candidate Focus & Challenge –
The role holder will:
- Work with Business IT teams to communicate the services that GIS offer and to understand their future needs. Work with Architecture and Engineering teams to create these new services.
- Work with GIS colleagues to understand technology road maps, influencing them where relevant to align to customer requirements.
- Provide solution's input to projects, act as the lead Cloud Advisor where required, deliver infrastructure designs where needed.
- Ensure that architecture decisions support the business and IT strategy, delivering robust, stable platforms with low TCO.
- Ensure that the definition of new architectures deliver value for money to the business and align to their business requirements
- Ensures that projects are delivered to appropriate infrastructure services standards. Responsible for working closely with Strategic Architects, Strategy Leads and other consultative organisations to align the destination architecture for the relevant service components
- Drive the use of technology standards and Catalog items to drive down TCO and improve speed of delivery.
Candidate Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- 5 years + experience in architecture design and delivery with a proven track record
- A proven track record of delivering Automated Cloud services in an agile manner to a fast moving and demanding customer base
- A self-starter with high levels of drive, energy, resilience and a desire for professional excellence
- Strong and recent experience of Cloud Automation ideally, but not limited to the following technologies / vendor areas:
- Cloud Platforms: Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Containers/Microservices: Docker, Kubernetes
- Hypervisors: VMWare, Oracle VM, KVM, HyperV
- Operation Systems: Windows Server 2012/2016, RHEL/CentOS/ Ubuntu/SUSE Linux/OEL
- Middleware: TOMCAT, JBOSS, Oracle WebLogic, IIS, .Net, Glassfish.
- Big Data/Databases: MS SQL, MySQL, Oracle, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, MariaDB, Oracle RAC, Hadoop, RDS, Redshift, CosmosDB, MapReduce
- Storage: NetApp – AFF & SolidFire, Object (e.g S3, SwiftStack, StorageGrid), DataFabric (e.g. Flex Pool, Cloud Sync)
- Backup: Commvault.
- Automation: Jenkins, Python, Ansible, Saltstack, Morpheus, Terraform, APIs
- Knowledge of; Firewalls, Load balancers, VPN, Active Directory, DNS, Identity & Access Mgmt. Tools.
- Ability to work well in diverse, multinational teams and proven ability to influence others to achieve positive outcomes
- An ability to work effectively in a matrix organization is essential
- Ability to analyse requests or issues and provide the best possible solution
- Ability to prioritize, re-schedule or adapt to changes
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.