Descripción del empleo
We are a software development and design services company with operations in the U.S., Mexico, Vietnam, Thailand, Australia, and Spain. High-growth companies need engineering capacity to scale. We bring depth in product design, technical writing, project management, and across engineering disciplines.
We understand that great software is built by great people and teams. To retain and develop top talent, we foster a working environment that celebrates creativity, encourages skill development, and allows for multidisciplinary collaboration. We believe in a diverse, inclusive, and harassment-free workplace where all can achieve their full potential, leading to company, customer, and community success.
We are committed to the communities in which we operates. We believe in doing well while also doing good. Our Academy is a free, community-based education program that teaches high-value skills to workers looking to advance their careers in the tech industry. To date, Academy has served more than 8,500 students with more than 7,000 hours of instruction across 85 courses.
What You Will Bring to the Team
We are looking for Senior Data Engineers to drive the architectural design, implementation plan, best practices, and testing plans for projects involving terabytes of data, which will serve as the foundation for advanced analytics and machine learning tasks to be performed by data scientists on top of that infrastructure.
Your day-to-day activities
- Design and implement product features in collaboration with product owners, report developers, product analysts, architects, and business partners within an Agile / Scrum methodology.
- Design and implement data platforms for large-scale, high performance and scalable requirements, integrating data from several data sources, managing structured and unstructured data while melding existing warehouse structures.
- Analyze, diagnose and identify bottlenecks in data workflows
- Participate in demos to clients as well as requirements elicitation and translation to systems requirements (functional and nonfunctional).
- Constantly monitor, refine and report on the performance of data management systems.
- Strong General Programming Skills.
- Solid engineering foundations (good coding practices, good architectural design skills).
- Solid experience with Python. If not proficient in - Python, we expect the candidate to be proficient in other languages and prove their ability to learn new ones very quickly.
- Solid Experience with Spark.
- 4+ years of experience with large-scale data engineering with emphasis on analytics and reporting.
- 2+ years of experience developing on Hadoop
- Ecosystem with the platforms such as AWS EMR, Cloudera or Hortonworks leverage tools like Pig, Hive.
- Experience building cloud scalable, real time and high-performance Data Lake solutions.
- Proficiency designing and implementing ETL (Extract, Transform, load) processes, dealing with big volumes of data (terabytes of data which required distributed processing)
- Experience with Sqoop.
- Experience developing solution within AWS Services framework (EMR, EC2,RDS, Lambda, etc.)
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as Apache HBase, MongoDB or Cassandra.
- Experience in data streams processing technologies including Kafka, Spark Streaming, etc
- Advanced English level.
- We offer exceptional career growth opportunities to our employees with skill development workshops, mentoring programs, and support for side projects or entrepreneurial work.
- We offer competitive compensation and employee-centric benefits, including industry-leading maternity and paternity leave, wellness programs, and on-site daycare facilities at our GDL office.
- We have a Work Abroad program in place, as well as language training and immigration support for expats.
- We create and fosters a diverse, inclusive, and harassment-free workplace where everyone can achieve their potential. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status