Are you looking for a role at a fun, fast-paced software company where no day is the same? Do you thrive by providing administrative and office support for a great team?
If that intrigues you, check out the new Vanco!
Here we create best-in-class software that provide schools, faith-based organizations and nonprofits streamlined payment and administrative solutions. We are excited to have great people join our rewarding company culture.
As a company, we are progressive and innovative – and our executives lead the way. Our company culture and mission are important to us. We work hard together and have fun while we’re at it. We approach challenges with curiosity, agility and creativity. We deliver unparalleled services and treat our clients, partners and each other with the highest level of integrity and respect.
Database Developer / DBA
In this role, you will be responsible for the evolution of data, including designing and evolving our schema, work hand-in-hand with the development team, streamlining our data operations, and maintaining various database technologies to ensure peak performance. Ideal candidates will have previous experience in database administration in order to assist current DBA team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Maintain, operate, and monitor application Azure SQL and Firebase No SQL databases for multiple produces in development and production environments
• Ensure database optimization, integrity, consistency, retention, security and privacy.
• Manage database redundancy procedures including backup/ restore, snapshots, and replication
• Work with development team to define data base operational and performance requirements
• Work within agile scrum cadence with development team to provide, communicate and assure data modeling and query performance design and best practices
• Work in conjunction with multiple teams to resolve issues, evaluate software modules, and develop appropriate specifications.
• Participate in on-call rotation for production issue escalation.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• 3+ years working as a database developer, database engineer or in a related role.
• 3+ years database administrator experience (users, permission, backups, recovery, monitoring, and more)
• Experience with SQL server and NoSQL
• Database tuning experience, database integration design and implementation, and management of database projects.
• Ability to work with a team in an Agile scrum environment
• Ability to address bugs with QA, plan schemas with developers, and respond quickly to business needs.
• Experience anticipating potential issues and troubleshooting when they arise.
• Aware of best practices around database operations.
• Highly organized and self-motivated with the ability to prioritize projects, meet deadlines, and make room for emergencies, as needed.
Additional Experience Desired:
• Familiarity with cloud technologies such as Azure, AWS, and Google.
• Experience with automation via scripting.
• Participating in technology communities such as PASS