Developer Sr. Mainframe
$ 50,000 a 60,000
Nivel de Inglés
“HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and where their opinions count. We want to build a culture where our employees are comfortable in bringing their whole self to work, regardless of gender, age, sexuality, ethnicity, disability, religious belief, background, and any other aspect of personal difference.”
"HSBC employees are commited to act with corageous integrity and standing firm for what is right. We are reliable, open to different ideas and cultures and connected with customers, community, regulators and with each other."
Developer Sr. Mainframe
Responsible for reduce manual activities through process automation. Reduction on manual activities result in a reduction of the risk inherent to human factor and increase the velocity of response in case of any contingency, provide an effective alerting that allow to us and the other involved teams to race immediately when a problem appears, enable DRP in automatic way in the shortest possible time.
· The goal/purpose of OPS/MVS function includes but is not limited to:
· Administer the end-to-end governance and oversight for OPS/MVS product
· Event driven automation (e.g. messages)
· Automation to be executed at a specific time of day or triggered by event
· Deliver automation capabilities at the quality and pace warranted by the business and facilitate DevOps and Agile practices both internally and externally
· Ensure to keep updated definition of automated rules
· Keep strong relationship with IBMz team
· Perform activities aligned to the global process standard
Essential skills for the role
· Experience of IBM mainframe systems.
· Knowledge of a combination z/OS, TSO, JCL´s
· Experience in programming in Rexx/Cobol
· Knowledge of automation techniques
· Good attention to detail
· Excellent problem determination skills
· English proficiency
Desirable for the role
· Knowledge of Change management processes (ideally using CA Group Service Desk)
· Understanding of the Systems development lifecycle
· Good experience in an automation environment coupled with a knowledge of Ops/MVS or similar mainframe automation product.
· Be a true team player.
· A Quick learner
· Good written and spoken communication skills; an ability to communicate complex information is articulated in a meaningful way to wide and varied audiences
· Be able to build effective networks across business areas, developing relationships based on mutual trust and encouraging others to do the same
· Be able to demonstrate initiative
· Strong problem solving ability
Constantly look for opportunities to create efficiencies