In Nearsoft you will be contributing to create a Software Development methodology with a cultural manifesto looking to improve the software industry. With your help, we will reach our vision to become a sustainable key contributor in LATAM, recognized around the world for using edge tech to improve well being of emerging countries. You will also be treated like an adult, work with projects in the US, as an extension of their teams, sharing the same commitment, responsibilities and values.
You must have
- DevOps and system administration experience
- Hands on development experience in one or more languages (Python, Node.js preferred)
- Reasonable knowledge of Linux administration
- Experience with continuous integration (Jenkins)
- Proficient in scripting languages (Python, Perl, Bash, etc.) and infrastructure provisioning tools (SaltStack, Terraform, Chef or Puppet)
- Strong Linux administration (e.g. Ubuntu) and scripting (e.g. Shell scripting, Python)
- Experience administering application servers, web servers, and databases (Jetty, NGINX, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of Amazon Web Services
- Expertise in Docker and Kubernetes
- Detail-oriented working style & excellent analytical skills
- A quick learner who thrives in an agile environment
- Soft skills, e.g. team player, clear and concise communication, problem solving
- Live and breathe DevOps and believe in automated testing, infrastructure as code, immutable infrastructure, continuous deployment, monitoring and open communication
Position based in any on our offices: Hermosillo, Mexico City, Chihuahua, San Luis Potosi, Merida or remote. If you are driven to work on projects that require deep technical problem solving, love coding and you are able to work independently or in teams and manage time effectively, and specially very passionate about learning, then Nearsoft is your place and we are your tribe. What you can expect from us: Besides our base pay 100% IMSS, our benefits include 25 paid days off, private health insurance, annual aguinaldo, and Social Security benefits, including INFONAVIT. In addition, we get monthly vouchers (e.g., groceries), and as many books as we want. Each of us gets training budget, and, depending on business conditions, we get an annual profit-sharing bonus. These are, of course, the short-term benefits. The real, long-term benefits is what you will learn at Nearsoft. The remarkable people you’ll meet and make lifelong friendships with. The things that you’ll discover you can accomplish when you work without restrictions. The ability to reach as far and high as your creativity takes you. The opportunity to take the lead on anything you are passionate about.