As a DevOps Engineer your tasks may vary day-to-day but primarily will focus on working with customers to architect and deploy dynamically scalable, highly available, fault-tolerant, and reliable applications on AWS using industry standard tools and processes. You will work closely with our Project Management and DevOps Consulting teams to deliver Mission’s Managed DevOps service to the accounts to which you’re aligned.
This would include:
• Using appropriate AWS services, design and deploy an application based on given customer and/or DevOps Consultant’s requirements
• Implement enterprise-wide scalable operations on AWS
• Understanding core AWS security and auditing capabilities
• Applying DevOps Concepts including: IAC using Terraform, configuration management using Chef, and Ansible, CI/CD using Jenkins, CodeDeploy, etc.
• Making informed decisions about customer’s infrastructure and understand the impact of design decisions