As a part of the Omnitracs Innovations team, we are looking for a strong engineer who will be part of a strategic initiative to optimize business problems that exist in the logistics industry. As a DevOps Automation Engineer, you will be part of a team that will build something from the ground up. You are someone who loves automating whatever can be automated. You will help us move our products into the cloud. In this role you will contribute and partner with a newly formed squad in Mexico City support not only our new Data Science team but also the other products under the Omnitracs Innovations family.
As a DevOps Engineer on our team, you’ll be working with everything from automation tools to monitoring solutions and from VMs deployment to containers deployment. You should be familiar with the tools we use: Github, DataDog, Splunk, Jira, Docker, etc. You will participate in architectural and design discussions, along with efforts to avoid and reduce toil, and provide a scalable, reliable cloud infrastructure for the success of our customers and organization.
- Fluent English: B2+ or above (advanced)
- 4+ years in a DevOps experience
- Experience with managing and using Git-repositories (Gitlab, Github) and tools in the Github Marketplace
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery models
- Experience with Windows and Linux is a must
- Strong knowledge and understanding of microservices based architectures
- Strong scripting skills including ability to write scripts from scratch using Python and/or Bash
- Experience with monitoring solutions (Zabbix or Nagios)
- Knowledge of Docker engine and ecosystem
- Prior experience trouble shooting and debugging container issues at any level, including container networking
- Experience with Kubernetes a plus
- Good understanding of networking including L2 and L3 concepts
- Can identify and mitigate reliability risks
- Experience with automating test scripts
- Take ownership of software releases
- Take ownership of the CI/CD pipeline, delivering a fast, secure and easy platform to allow developers to focus on what they do best
- Take ownership of migrating on-prem applications to AWS and their ongoing modernization within the cloud.
- Provide reliable, predictable deployment and maintenance of distributed systems
- Participate in Agile sprints
- Drive innovation and platform evolution
- AS/2 and SFTP Setup
- Assist with migrating infrastructure support to AWS.
- Server Maintenance & VM Support
- Diagnosing and supporting email related issues and assist with migrating email servers to AWS (experience with IronPort a plus).
- Scale cloud infrastructure to support our growing ecosystem based on Docker and Kubernetes
- Adhere to security best practices
- Write and design automation, monitoring, diagnostics and debug tooling
- Participate in production support and on-call rotations
- Conduct incident management and contribute to associated retrospective/post mortem as needed