Director, Technology Sourcing
Lugar: Home Office Temporal
Nivel de Inglés
Global Procurement manages and optimizes the third party spend of Thomson Reuters. Our mission is to partner with our stakeholders to acquire the right goods and services at best value and within an acceptable risk perimeter to drive our corporate objectives. We integrate and manage a highly complex network of products, services, processes, technologies and suppliers across all Thomson Reuters locations worldwide.
The Director, Technology Sourcing leads sourcing activities at Thomson Reuters in order to develop and negotiate IT sourcing transactions which deliver predictable and sustainable value to Thomson Reuters businesses across the globe. Reporting to the VP, Technology Sourcing, the Director, Technology Sourcing will take a leadership role focused on the Technology Tail Spend category, developing Category Plans and implementing a range of sourcing initiatives to support those plans. This individual will assist business leaders in managing their respective P&L's with regards to spending, planning, and development of supplier relationships critical to their respective lines of business.
APPLY IN OUR CAREER SITE: https://thomsonreuters.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/External_Career_Site/job/MEX-Distrito-Federal-Blvd-Manu/Director--Technology-Sourcing_JREQ143835-1
The role will be based in Mexico. Responsibilities: Provide expert commercial and market insight to the CTO community in order to help shape and optimize Thomson Reuters IT Strategy
● Develop Category Plans and sourcing strategies containing a portfolio of key initiatives which deliver the IT Strategy
● Deliver the key IT sourcing initiatives, achieving best value within acceptable risk. Contribute to the development of the annual pipeline of IT sourcing initiatives, integrating with the financial planning process
● Rationalise the number of IT suppliers and reduce fragmentation in the spend base in order to simplify the supplier landscape and drive commercial efficiency
● Support the implementation and development of the sourcing methodology to provide greater visibility and control of IT sourcing initiatives
● Provide support and coaching to Sourcing Managers within the Technology Sourcing teams Represent Procurement in governance forums with strategic IT suppliers to ensure that all contractual obligations are met, initiatives are performing against business case and that issues and disputes are resolved in a timely manner
● Build and enhance relationships with strategic IT suppliers along with the vendor and service delivery management teams to deliver high levels of service whilst maintaining best-in-class commercial terms and conditions
● Participate in the leadership of the Technology Sourcing team. Key Deliverables:
● Category Plans and sourcing strategies developed and approved by all relevant stakeholders
● Robust business cases developed for every IT sourcing initiative Robust implementation plans (including approach to deal governance and approval) developed for every IT sourcing initiative
● High-quality sourcing collateral developed at each stage of the sourcing lifecycle to facilitate informed decision-making amongst the stakeholder community
● Significantly reduced third party risks with active risk management implemented for each IT sourcing initiative
●Measurable improvement in the aggregate sourcing capability at Thomson Reuters and key talents identified for further development
● Significant and sustainable annual reduction in Thomson Reuters cost-base, demonstrated using a robust savings methodology which is consistently applied and rigorously approved
● Skills & Experience Significant experience of successful development and negotiation of IT sourcing agreements in excess of USD 25m value
● Proven track record of delivering significant and sustainable cost reductions through effective implementation of a coherent IT sourcing strategy
● Excellent (external and internal) relationship management and cross-functional leadership skills Experienced sourcing practitioner, with deal architecture and negotiation skills, understanding of best-practice sourcing methodology and a demonstrated track record of working ethically to achieve excellent outcomes
● Experience of contracting for agile application development services and managed application services
● Experience of leading negotiations with key tech suppliers
● Knowledge of the sourcing marketplace and trends in the industry including the ability to assess the impact of change in the context of the sourcing strategy
● Expert analytics and ability to develop coherent and high-quality sourcing collateral including business case, contract summaries, and RFx materials
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Experience of building strong relationships with senior IT and business executives
● Strong coaching and development skills
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com .