Embedded Android Engineer
Nivel de Inglés
Location: Schaumburg, ILCompany Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.Department Overview
You may not use our products, but the people you call in an emergency, do. Every day, police officers, firefighters, paramedics and the people who support them use our products to help them stay safe and do their jobs. And we deliver. Our radios are sensitive enough to pick up a person’s voice even when they can’t hear themselves shout – yet rugged enough to drown in mud and keep right on working. They are designed to be used reliably under extreme stress – and to be managed from miles away. They are the product of thousands of customer studies – and millions of lines of code. They have survived falling from helicopters, being burned in fires, and being abandoned in the woods (though we don’t recommend this). Not everyone can create products like these. Can you? If so Android Platform Software Development team might be for you!Job Description
The Embedded Android Engineer will be responsible for software development in Embedded Android devices including development of the software design and implementation of the next generation of public safety device core applications, public safety features, and LTE SW development.
Your responsibilities will range from requirements gathering, architecture, driving solutions, design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and enhance embedded Android software solutions.
- Experience or proven competency in Java and Android Frameworks.
- Ability to work in both the Linux device driver/HAL layers as well as Android Framework layers is preferred.
- Knowledgeable in the following: C, C++, Linux, RTOS’s, LTE Modem Architecture, Object Oriented Design/Architecture, device driver development, and software configuration management (GIT preferred).
- 5+ years of product SW development experience working with Cellular Carrier(eg. VzW, ATT, etc), including LTE modem bringup, RF front end development, carrier certification issue resolution and support.
- Experienced software engineer with knowledge and hands-on experience in Android Framework development.
- Knowledge of mobile device emerging technologies, including Smartphone LTE architectures, geo- location technologies, camera/video, and touch screen displays is a plus.
- Familiarity or experience with Agile/Scrum methodology and practices is preferred.
- Experience in embedded device power management techniques as they relate to Android platforms is a plus.
- High ownership, self-sufficient, hands-on to drive quality and maintain application stability.
- Ability to deliver multiple simultaneous projects on time.
- Able to brainstorm and communicate technology decisions and issues with peers and management.
- Strong ability and enthusiasm to learn new technologies in a short time.
- Knowledge of marketing principles and functions and the challenges working with marketing and creative teams.
- Able to work effectively in a distributed team environment.
Preferred Qualified Skills:
- Experience with ARM/ARM64 architecture, compilers, firmware, Operating systems, Linux kernel, filesystems / storage, device drivers, performance tuning, networking, tools, tests, virtualization, platform libraries, etc.
- Experience in I2C, MIPI, SPI, USB, GPIO, UART, LPDDR, GPIO, Display, Touch, Backlight
- Experience in PBL, XBL, ABL etc.
- Familiarity with Hardware Documentation such as schematic and layout drawing and communication protocols
- Experience in wireless/cellular technologies , LTE, Bluetooth, Wifi and GNSS will be an added advantage.
- Experience with CTS/GTS : Google Mobile Services (GMS) Test Suite and Google Compatibility Test Suite (CTS) certification and issue debugging
- Knowledge in REST, SOAP, JSON, XML, and other mobile related standards
- Relevant experience in embedded Android audio framework/Audio Manager/Audio drivers/Audio Policy, Audioflinger is a plus
- Bachelors Degree required OR MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 5+ years in Android development and/or engineering
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, or, any other protected characteristic.