We are looking for an Engineering Manager to be part of this amazing and fast–growing fintech and will be part of the team responsible for the overall success of our engineering organization by planning, managing, and monitoring engineering functions. Responsible for overseeing various engineering projects, processes, budgets, and timelines and making any necessary adjustments in order to ensure successful completion.
- Coach and Mentor Team Leads and Engineers for the overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects.
- Spearhead various research and development initiatives to identify opportunities for new projects and improved processes.
- Communicate and collaborate with other managers, suppliers, and contractors.
- Prepare and deliver various engineering-related presentations, both internally and externally.
- Analyze technology, resource needs, and products demand to plan and assess the feasibility of projects.
- Organize, assign, and evaluate teamwork, and oversee the development and maintenance of staff competence.
- Work with the Engineering Director and VP to develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or engineering field.
- 6+ years Software development.
- 4+ years in a manager rol hire, train, and supervise engineering staff members and create detailed engineering plans,
- processes, and procedures for engineering staff to use and abide by.
- This candidate must have strong written and verbal communications skills in both English and Spanish and be willing to continue learning and loving technology.
- 5+ years of engineering experience, ideally in a management role.
- Leadership skills necessary to manage and develop a team.
- Organizational competencies and project management skills to keep projects, processes, and the entire engineering team on track.
- Self-motivated attitude with the ability to multitask and thrive in a timeline-driven environment.
- Interpersonal communication skills with expertise in distilling complicated topics to a broader audience.
- Comfortable in a high growth and ever changing environment.
- Technical affinity and/or a solid understanding of the card and payment industry.