Nivel de Inglés
The Sr. Front End Developer will work collaboratively with UX/Content designers and application developers to implement high performing and accessible user interface code that adheres to current best practices. The Senior Front End Developer will be responsible for maintaining overall site accessibility and optimizing our applications for the best possible user experience.
We Are All Leaders at Carhartt
In our words and by our actions, we strive to emulate the hardworking example set forth by our founder, Hamilton Carhartt. We Lead Business by creating value, delivering on results, and making changes along the way. We Lead Self by being dependable, because hardworking people count on us to have their back every day. We Lead Others by communicating and clearly defining the path as we walk bravely into the future. Working at Carhartt, we are all given a seat at the table and the honor of continuing the legacy.
· Optimize current and new code for the best possible mobile web experience
· Continuous focus on performance improvement and reduction in perceived page load times
· Analyze metrics and user experience tools to identify areas for improved user experience
· Build reusable modules/libraries ensuring cross-browser compatibility and UI data validation
· Research industry trends to ensure that our standards and practices are current and poised to guide our team to deliver the best website possible
· Perform regular audits of webpage performance
· Recommend and implement changes to improve site performance and user experience
· Review application code to identify and prioritize opportunities for UX performance improvement
· Perform technical feasibility analysis of UI/UX designs
· Architect web framework using appropriate technologies that meet the business need
· Collaborate with applications developers and other team members and business owners
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field and/or equivalent years of experience
Required Skills & Experience
· 7 years of experience with front end/client side/user interface web development inclusive of:
o 3 years of experience with responsive web design experience
· Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
· Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
· Experience in an Agile work environment
· Proficient in optimizing/troubleshooting issues for the mobile web experience
· Experience with Single Page Web Applications
· Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
· Experience with web accessibility guidelines and best practices (WCAG 2.1 Standard)
· Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them Excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to fluently read, write and speak both English and Spanish
· Able to work independently as well as part of a team
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
· Hybrid work environment – mix of on-site and remote work.
· Typical office environment; office setting. Extended periods of time sitting, standing, typing on a computer is required.
· Light lifting may be required (10 lbs.).
· Willing to work some evenings and weekends if necessary; on call 24x7 support rotations.
· National & International travel required (up to 10%).