- working closely with our talented engineering team, in 2-week sprint cycles with recurring backlog refinement, kick-off, and retrospective meetings
- involved in product discussions, brainstorms, planning, problem solving etc.
- designing technical solutions with the team, planning out architecture, interfaces, etc...
- reviewing pull requests to improve code and QA
- writing clean and reusable components with React and Typescript
- working with our design team and styling components with CSS
- building queries and mutations for our GraphQL APIs
- designing, maintaining, and improving our SQL database
- working occasionally on bug fixes (5~10% of the time)
- help deciding, planning, and implementing technical debt (5~10% of the time)
- have 2+ years experience consuming and building APIs
- have 2+ years experience querying, updating and designing SQL databases
- have 2+ years experience writing unit / integration tests (and understand the difference)
- have a strong understanding of product and are user-focused
- have experience managing and creating CI/CD pipelines
- have the initiative to help your team members grow
- be able to communicate effectively with the team (English and Spanish)
I'd be nice if you...
- have knowledge of functional programming
- have experience with Amazon AWS (serverless technologies, IaaS)
- have knowledge of CSS methodologies and sematic design
- Freely Arranged Schedule We have some Sprint meetings, but other than that you can manage your schedule as you prefer as long as you’re delivering the results we’re expecting
- Results-Focused Approach to Work We look strictly at the results in effectively delivered products.
- Work from home
- Continuos improvements on tools, practices and processes in order become more effective
- Law benefits: IMSS, INFONAVIT, 15-days yearly bonus and 12-days paid vactions per year
- Competitive salary depending on skills
- a growing team of 40+, most of us from our Vancouver office and Mexico City office
- True to startup form, ping-pong table, snacks, beer,
- straight-shooters. We value transparency and communication so we are open to sharing just about anything.
- do-ers and rule breakers. We move fast and get things done.