$ 70,000 a 80,000
Nivel de Inglés
We are an IPO'd global leader in open-source software with a strong focus on Kubernetes container management and Linux OS is expanding in Mexico through its nearshore partner. We are looking for the most talented engineers in Mexico to come learn Kubernetes and be part of their Rancher release management team. Over time, top performers will have the opportunity to move to new product development and engage with our customers in building custom solutions. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to become one of Mexico's Kubernetes experts and ride the wave as Kubernetes becomes the global standard for cloud software deployment.
We are offering a great salary, above-the-market benefits, and working closely with the customer teams.
In this role, you will be part of a team of passionate engineers working to build and release our Kubernetes distributions and integrate them with the rest of our product suite. Our goal is to make Rancher the premiere tool for deploying, managing, and operating Kubernetes and containerized workloads across on-prem datacenters, public clouds, and the edge.
You will be required to adapt quickly and bring insightful contributions both to design and implementation processes, constantly raising the quality bar while pragmatically adding value to the product offering.
You will be responsible for working with customers and community contributors to identify problems, turn them into good reports, track progress, and provide actual solutions and feedback to our users.
You will participate in daily video-conference team meetings, collaborate with your colleagues via real-time chat, GitHub and other various tools, ultimately presenting your technical achievements to the relevant stakeholders in iterative time boxes.
We are looking for you to:
● Be a great person to work with, promote teamwork, and value fearless feedback, both giving and receiving.
● Be willing to learn new technologies you may not be familiar with. We know no one can be an expert in every aspect of Kubernetes or the broader cloud-native ecosystem, but we are looking for someone who is open to new challenges.
● Collaborate on the future of our Kubernetes ecosystem, work with upstream project communities, and help maintain alignment with customer needs, market trends, and the overall Rancher product story.
● Be productive and collaborative while keeping a focus on maintaining high-quality standards.Skills
Our customer looks for passionate engineers who are motivated to make an impact on their team and our customers. The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a Software Engineer in the domain of Kubernetes, container/virtual machine orchestration, and/or distributed systems.
We expect you to be:
● Knowledgeable in the Go programming language, including the corresponding ecosystem and best practices.
● Comfortable in modern software engineering paradigms and distributed systems.
● Confident in the use of Linux, shell scripting, Git and other open source development tooling.
● Familiar with or willing to quickly learn the Kubernetes code base and architecture.
● Skilled in the authoring and use of containers, including building new container images.
● Willing to engage with open source communities, both our own and those of upstream projects.
● Aware of the range of projects and technologies used in the CNCF Landscape.
● Proficient in the English language, both verbally and written.