Head of Governance ITID
$ 80,000 a 90,000
Nivel de Inglés
Head of Governance ITID
Role Purpose. :
Cost and FTE Management: Drive cost savings and FTE management improvements towards best in class, develop and monitor operational metrics and processes that are meaningful to the function, and delivery of initiates to achieve cost saving and FTE targets Technology People & Location Strategy: Develop and execute the GB/GF strategic global / resource management and location strategy Technology Sourcing & Vendor Management: Adhere to the 3rd party vendor management agenda and challenge where necessary, leveraging the global scale to optimize vendor performance and valueTechnology Transformation: Transform and optimize all management processes within the GB/GF (local/global) to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the GB/GF at delivering on the group’s strategy (including Man Power Plan, Annual Operating Plan, Headcount Performance) Dedicated Local Support and Leadership: Provide dedicated support to the GB/GF/Region/Function as well as the local needs. Support GB/GF/Region/Function to deliver their local agenda. Support may include governance, communications, people engagement, diversity, risk, leading transformation program, PPM etc.Interface with local HR, Finance and Real Estate business partners regarding global supply and demand managementMonitor and ensure GB/GF compliance and adherence to the targets contained within the Technology balanced scorecard and other in-scope policies and intervene when necessary
- Accountable for the deployment of the Operational Risk Management Framework
- Responsible for identifying emerging risks and threats and deficiencies with deployed key controls
- Control environment, form risk assessments, provide advice on remediation plans.
- Implement robust governance in relation to IT risk and controls, ensuring all stakeholders (including business risk owners) have visibility of key risks and remediation activity
- Work with Technology to support and maintain local (country) IT controls, if applicable.
- Look out Direct costs and intercompany recharges in order it be aligned to the budget approved.
- Follow up of vendor management policies.
Support the IT CIO community with internal/external audits and regulatory exams, particularly the Highly Regulated jurisdictions of Mexico.
- At least 5-10 years relevant experience preferably within a IT risk management related role.
- Relevant working experience in IT Financial Services industry.
- Management of IT teams and stakeholders.
- On relevant financial topics for budget and planning.
- Management and support in the preparation and delivery reports related to the monthly costs.
- Control and analysis of Costs
- Control and analysis of the budget
- Control and monitoring of savings and managing controls and metrics to improve the quality of our service and operation.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Persistent, resilient, and resourceful; able to adapt to a complex and dynamic organisational environment
- Open personality with effective communication skills.
- Accountable to lead all aspects of IT Infrastructure and Service Management within a GB/GF
- Lead and coordinate with colleagues and key stakeholders in an international team.
- Management at high level of several infrastructure technologies.
- Strong knowledge of IT General Controls included under HSBC’s Non-Financial Risk (NFR) framework, i.e. Engineering/SDLC, IT Service Management, Data, Cyber, and Cloud.
- Experience in performing or administering regulatory exams and responses. Familiarity with MX & LAM banking regulations, e.g. National Banking and Securities Commission (Comisión Nacional Bancaria y de Valores) (CNBV), Banco de México (Central Bank) etc. from an IT compliance perspective.
- Knowledge of HSBC corporate systems used by IT risk management, e.g. HELIOS, ARAMIS, EIM, PLADA, COMET, SCOTT would be plus.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Communication - Ability to present complex issues confidently and concisely to Technology and DBS Senior Executives and other key stakeholders using non-technical easily understood language.
- Requires written and verbal Spanish and English proficiency.
- Make considered decisions that protect and enhance HSBC values, reputation and business
- Degree in information security, computer science or computer engineering qualifications desirable
- Certifications CISA, CISM, CISSP, CRISC, COBIT or ITIL desirable
- Excellent management of critical tasks.
Focused on Teamwork results.