* Platform and client virtualization technologies(VMWare vSphere, VMWare Horizon View, Microsoft Hyper-V, Microsoft RDS, Citrix XenDesktop, Citrix XenApp), SCCM
MAIN EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent required.
• At least 6+ years of experience with Information Technology
MANDATORY SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS
• Expert knowledge of the following areas with 5+ years of experience:
• Operating systems – Microsoft Windows (all versions) and macOS
• Platform and client virtualization technologies (VMWare vSphere, VMWare Horizon View, Microsoft Hyper-V,
Microsoft RDS, Citrix XenDesktop, Citrix XenApp)
• VMWare ESXi 6.x, vCenter 7.x, Horizon 7.x, vSAN, vRealize Operations
• Microsoft System Center Products (SCCM, SCOM, SCO)
• Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy
• Print infrastructure and management solutions (e.g. PaperCut, Presto)
• Security platforms (e.g. Symantec Endpoint Protection, System Center Endpoint Protection, BitLocker,
• CheckPoint Full Disk Encryption, AppLocker, Carbon Black Protection)
• Networking (e.g TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS)
• Good to have - Horizon Client View certification
PROJECT ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Installation, configuration, and maintenance of client devices and associated infrastructure.
• Hands-on subject matter expertise in troubleshooting VMware Horizon 7.x technical matters
• Strong experience in supporting a multi-farm VMware Horizon VDI implementation specifically utilizing the Horizon Enterprise platform
• Experience on installing, configuring, and administrating large, complex Horizon VDI environments
• VDI image build process and management.
• bility to analyze logs, track and resolve complex using tools including vROPs, etc.
• Knowledge and experience with VMware Dynamic Environment Manager: AppVolumes/AppStacks and User Environment Manager (UEM)
• Knowledge on VDI ports and protocols
• Ability to conduct research into system infrastructure performance issues and products as required
• Good technical knowledge of network and VMware VDI components
• Integration of internally and externally developed software into client device environment.
• Planning and coordination of activites involving the installation, deployment and upgrade of software on client devices.
• Maintain operating system images for all supported client devices.
• Active Directory group policy maintenance.
• Management of print queue and server infrastructure.
• Administration of security platforms including antivirus, application whitelisting and full disk encryption.
• Provide Level 2 (L2) support for client environment issues.
• Respond to escalations for issues impacting multiple users.
• Root cause analysis of complex issues including documentation of assessment and mitigation steps with goal to prevent recurrence.
• Documentation of all processes, new implementations, procedural improvements, and fixes for common issues.
• Updating of Knowledge Base and SharePoint articles, training of L1 teams.
• Work under supervision of Client Operations manager.