Java Developer and Tester – Remote
Nivel de Inglés
Location : Remote – US
IronArch Technology, in partnership with SAIC, is looking for a Java Developer and Tester to join our team in support of the Department of Defense (DoD) High-Performance Computing Modernization Program (HPCMP). The DoD HPCMP is responsible for the coordination of many projects across the DoD high performance computing centers. This position will serve an integral role on the Development Team for the DoD HPCMP’s Portal to the Information Environment (PIE) application, responsible for its design, development, test, enhancement and maintenance, to include the front end GUI, database, and REST/SOAP based web services, etc. The developer/tester will write and test code encompassing all tiers of the application. This is a virtual position that can be accomplished from anywhere in the continental US.
- Provides support in software development phases that include, but are not limited to:
- Requirements analysis and assessments
- Requirement specifications/definition
- Design (database, GUI, web services)
- Release/Patch Build
- Deployment / Installation
- Performance tuning and
- Maintenance (e.g., bug fixes)
- Contributes to or develops technical documentation (e.g., Test Cases, Test Plan) and presentations.
- Uses applicable methodologies, modeling/estimating techniques, tools, applications, systems, software, and databases to perform assigned tasks.
- Adheres to established coding and testing standards and best practices as appropriate for the assignments given.
- Active DOD clearance
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related field and Three (3) years of experience. Four (4) years of related experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s Degree.
- 3+ years’ experience in the design, development and testing of web-based Java applications and REST/SOAP web services.
- Ability to work remotely from home 100% of the time and has a consistently strong and fast internet connection (work laptop to be provided).
- Ability to work well in a small, geographically dispersed rapid-development team, requiring constant and strong communication skills via phone, email, chat tools and video teleconferences
- Ability to interface with clients, apply good listening skills, and to clearly understand and document their issues and needs
- Ability and willingness to develop and/or maintain technical documentation, to include but not limited to Software Requirements Specification, Software Design Description, Architecture Description, Test Plan, Test Cases, Administration and User’s Manuals, etc.
- Recent development and testing experience with Java web application frameworks such as Grails, Java EE, Jakarta EE
- Recent experience with SQL development tools such as Oracle SQL Developer
- Recent experience with SSL configurations, SOAP/WSDL and RESTful services
- Recent experience with a Java syntax-compatible object-oriented programming language (e.g., Groovy)
- Recent experience with modern Java Frameworks (e.g., Grails, Spring, Struts, etc.)
- Recent experience writing SQL queries and with SQL query optimization
- Recent experience with automated testing tools (e.g., FiNesse, Selenium, Spock.lang, etc.)
- Recent experience with Java web servers (e.g., Tomcat, JBoss, WebSphere, etc.)
- Experience on an Agile and/or DevSecOps Development Team
- Experience with static code analyzers and/or security scanning tools (e.g., SonarQube, Nessus, Fortify)
- Current CompTIA Security+ Certification