Java Developer Mdl
Lugar: Home Office Temporal
Nivel de Inglés
As a Specialist working for Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions, you will play a key role in the evolution of the shopping experiences retailers offer and help shape the future of retail. We provide services to retail clients worldwide by developing and delivering an array of custom software solutions such as POS, self-checkout, and mobility solutions. We seek proactive and skilled resources to work in a dynamic, collaborative, and ever-changing environment.
Today’s retailers are adding mobile, self-service, real-time inventory viewing, dynamic pricing, fuel, and many other store applications to stay competitive. The challenge is to create a seamless experience for customers, so that as they move from the point of sale (POS) to a kiosk, to a fuel pump, to the web; they see the same prices, receive the same discounts, and accrue the same loyalty points.
Job Responsibilities include working in cross functional teams to define POS application requirements, analyzing/providing schedule inputs, write functional and design specifications, develop application software in an agile framework, support software test efforts and participate in support maintenance activities. The position involves participation and contribution in all phases of POS application software development phases, from design inception through coding, delivery, and maintenance. The candidate will need to communicate at different technical levels, from the application architects to the end user. Desire to work and support international customers and travel availability are also required.
Technical skills required:
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science/computer engineering or equivalent experience
- At least 4+ years’ experience in Software development.
- Java Standard Edition 8 and higher (Java 6 and 8 is a must).
- Java Frameworks: SWT / AWT, Spring, Java Servlets / Filters, Java RMI.
- Extensible Markup Language (XML)
- Web Servers: Jetty, Apache, Apache Camel.
- Experience with Version Control Systems (Git, GitLab, …)
- Knowledge with Automated Testing practices (JUnit framework would be preferred)
- Problem determination and debugging knowledge
- Strong technical writing
- English: Fluent.
- Compilers: Maven, Dojo Framework.
- Operating Systems: Windows, Linux.
- Other Technologies: Active MQ, Velocity.
- Hands on experience on any IDE (Eclipse would be preferred)
- Attention to detail, teamwork attitude, and excellent communication skills.
- The candidate needs strong programming and analytical skills.
- Retail domain knowledge
- 4690OS and SurePOS ACE
- Service Oriented Architecture
- Knowledge about Agile Methodologies
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion-dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities.