The Software Engineer designs, builds, and supports custom software solutions for some of the world’s largest retailers. Our developers are involved in the entire project lifecycle: they interact directly with our retail clients to understand and document requirements; they collaborate with the implementation and test teams on design and development; and they oversee delivery and provide ongoing support for their work.
The Software Engineer will design and implement a medium or multiple small software solutions with some architectural guidance.
The Software Engineer will collaborate, as required, with internal and external teams to facilitate development/test.
They may also provide mentoring, guidance, and code reviews for junior engineers.
The incumbent will excel in our fast-paced, collaborative, customer-first environment and will contribute to a variety of ways.
• Implements product features in C++, and Java using Object-Oriented principles.
• Designs, develops, and tests/debugs client- and server-side code.
• Resolves typical technical challenges requiring a moderate scope of domain and discipline knowledge.
• Identifies opportunities to leverage existing assets (code, tooling, documentation) in new projects.
• Interfaces with internal & external teams to ensure alignment of deliverables.
• Performs as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for one product line.
• Demonstrates moderate and growing scope of domain and discipline knowledge.
• Provides non-client-facing support for sales efforts as directed by leadership.
• Mentors’ junior engineers and reviews code.
• Authors and/or reviews release notes, test plans/cases, and functional specifications.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Areas of Expertise & Special Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
• 6-8 years of experience developing in C, C++, and Java- based environment, including cloud/enterprise content.
• 6-8 years of Object-Oriented development.
• Fluent English Language Speaking, Written Skills.
• Experience executing within an “Agile” development environment.
• Experience interacting with relational and No-SQL databases
• Strong programming and analytical skills, problem determination and debugging, attention to detail, teamwork, and excellent communication skills.
• Proficient with tools for Toshiba work activities, software development, & release management activities.
• Proficiency with code versioning tools like Git, SVN, etc.
• Proficiency with Windows- and Linux-based operating systems, including software installation, light administration, and simple scripting.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Retail Domain Knowledge (store operations and POS concepts) and experience with retail POS devices
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion-dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco.
These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities.