Java/Spring Solution Architect
Nivel de Inglés
Location: Plano, TX
Alternate Location: Roseville, CA
Java/Spring Solution Architect
For this position we’re able to consider candidates with either US citizenship or an existing Green Card at this time. This position is based in Houston, TX. This position is not budgeted for relocation assistance at this time.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an innovative, dynamic company with a rich past and a promising future. Originally Hewlett-Packard Company, HPE has continuously reinvented itself. Today, HPE is one of the world’s leading technology companies and provides wired and wireless networking, servers, storage, IT and Cloud services for the next generation of IT infrastructure.
Position: Java Solution Architect. Key skills include Java, Spring boot, Microservices
- Participate in the evaluation, recommendation, and selection of hardware and software solutions
- Develop, maintain, and report intranet metrics – Interface with different departments within the organization regarding new deployments
- Research/analyze data processing functions, methods and procedures
- Design and code from specifications, analyzes, evaluates, tests, debugs, documents, and implements complex software apps
- Uses coding methods in specific programming languages to initiate or enhance program execution and functionality
- Participates as a member of and leads cross-functional development teams. Performs analysis of cross-functional and complex business requirements. Designs complex cross-functional solutions for others to code. Provides mentoring and guidance to other developers.
- Designs, prepares and executes Unit tests. Sets team strategy and direction; represents team to senior management and client/customers. Develops innovative multi-team solutions to complex problems.
- A preponderance of time is spent in strategic and creative problem solving. Demonstrates broad technical leadership, impacting significant technical direction; exerts influence outside of immediate team and drives change. Applies in-depth or broad technical knowledge to manage global maintenance services across various technology areas or functions. Performs solution design.
- Applies the company and 3rd party technologies and leads design of highly complex infrastructure and software solutions, while driving innovation. Independently implements end- user or enterprise infrastructure or services of significant complexity.
- Integrates technical expertise and business understanding to create superior solutions for the company and customers. Consults with team members and other organizations, customer and vendors on complex issues. Mentors others in the technology community; may publish or otherwise engage professionally outside of the company.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and at least 8+ years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Should have 7+ years experience as Solution Architecture /Senior Developer with J2EE and Java technologies, Spring, Servlet, Web Services, XML, XSLT, MicroServices/API .
- Solid working experience of Java, OOP, MicroServices/API, modular code development, design pattern, multi-threading.
- Server back end and API/Service development experience is required
- Experience in Cloud Computing using AWS, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Docker, Maven, etc.
- Experience with JUnit/TestNG, Maven, Oracle, UNIX
- Experience using Bitbucket/GIT Stash as the SCM
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, proactive and go-getter
- Good grasp of industry best practices in enterprise-class software development, agile methodology
- Experience with Application Performance Monitoring and code profiling
- Expert knowledge in Java / JEE and coding best practices.
- Expert knowledge in Spring, ORM, JMS, Web services and other distributed technologies.
- Ability to design frameworks which are extensible and flexible.
- Has experience in CI and Dev Ops Understands Jenkins, GitHub, etc.
- Looking for someone who can bring himself/herself up to speed quickly in our current environment.
- Good communication skills. Able to articulate clearly his/her ideas
- Experience with Entity MDM Informatica platform, Snaplogic is highly desirable
- Experience in Spring Integration, Caching, or any similar technology is a plus
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.