This role is a key leadership position inside our Advanced Analytics Center of Excellence (CoE), where you will have the responsibility of owning and evolving our data infrastructure, empowering Business Area Leads with insights from data analytics and visualization. This is primarily a hands-on technical role requiring business acumen and leadership abilities, as you will manage a team of data engineers, scientists, and BI analysts from a technical standpoint.
-Fluency in both English and Spanish is essential
Coding and modelling:
- Strong coding and algorithmic skills are essential. You will be coding, participating and leading implementation.
- You should especially master Python and SQL at a high level. A big part of our infrastructure is written in Python, and we use relational models for all our products (it is a good sign if you have a strong opinion on whether that is a good idea or not).
- Strong data modeling skills are necessary. You should be able to build a data model for a project, starting from MVP all the way up to production while optimizing for performance and cost. Indexing, partitioning, and normalization techniques should come naturally to you.
- Backend coding will be required to interface systems, so you should be able to implement and design an API from scratch. Knowledge of Go (golang) is a strong plus, but any other backend language is enough.
- You should be familiar with non-relational and graph databases
- Knowledge of best practices for Data Warehousing, and/or ability to quickly research and understand existing implementations and adapt to use cases.
- Knowledge of Spark, Hive, Glue, Athena, Redshift and/or other big data frameworks and tools and their function within a data infrastructure is required.
- Familiarity with AMQP, Kafka and general publish-consume patterns.
- Essential DevOps skills.
- Experience with AWS a plus.
- Familiarity with serverless frameworks a plus.
Visualisation and business:
- Ability to understand and model KPIs from diverse domains. You will interact with all departments within the company and are expected to be able to handle a conversation with managers on their terms, while translating their needs to technical implementations in a proactive manner.
- Familiarity with CRM systems, Salesforce especially, a plus.
- Experience with Apex (Java) a plus.