Lead DevOps Engineer
Nivel de Inglés
We are currently seeking a highly motivated cloud software engineer who combines solid technical credentials for the position of Lead DevOps Engineer within our Infrastructure and Delivery Team. In this role, you will collaborate with technology peers and business partners and lead teams to build and deploy the foundation for the next generation of modern cloud native software applications and services for Legal Tracker.
Are you passionate about using cloud technologies, open-source, and love working with and developing the latest technologies in a dynamic environment? Do you have a burning desire to move fast and be bold? Then we want you on our team!
You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and high performing team at the heart of the Thomson Reuters transformation, developing cloud native applications and services focusing on Microsoft Azure cloud offerings. This role is instrumental to enable the current and future world of cloud computing for Legal Tracker. You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concepts to deliver against the needs of our customers.
You will be a fit for this role if you can:
- Take on management responsibilities and lead a small team of DevOps Engineers
- Provide thought leadership and DevOps best practices to bring development and IT operations processes, people and tools closer together - in order to increase the speed, security, efficiency and quality with which we deliver technical solutions to our clients
- Audit and make recommendations and improvements on current environments as needed
- Work as an embedded member of an Agile team to provide end-to-end responsibility for application and microservices
- Mentor team members to modernize their Devops skills and processes
- Manage a portfolio of cloud-based web applications (Azure).
- Design, implement, and document CICD pipelines using Azure DevOps tools.
- Design and implement solutions for delivering features and fixes rapidly
- Monitor and maintain critical services, improve processes surrounding monitoring
- Manage infrastructure as code, with a focus on full automation
- Take ownership of code release processes for multiple projects.
- Participate in architecture and implementation of infrastructure monitoring, security, scaling, and disaster recovery solutions.
- Collaborate with engineers, testers, and business analysts to consistently deliver quality software to end users.
In this opportunity as Lead DevOps Engineer, you will come in with:
- 4 years experience in providing technical leadership to a DevOps team.
- At least 7 years of technical experience
- Experience with cloud (Azure, AWS) infrastructure leveraging Terraform and ARM Templates Extensive experience in designing and implementing YAML CI/CD pipelines in Azure DevOps or other similar tools.
- Experience as a database administrator for SQL Server including SQL Replication, Query Optimization, Schema Design and Data Recovery
- Hands-on experience in provisioning/configuring/upgrading Azure PaaS services like Azure Cosmos, Azure SQL, Azure Data Factory etc.
- Hands-on Experience in Kubernetes configurations, service mesh, upgrades, and deployments with Helm/Spinnaker/Ansible and upgrades.
- Experience with Cloud Monitoring Tools ( DataDog, Sumo Logic, AppInsight)
- Hands on experience in Dependency Management and Build tool, e.g , MS Build, SonarQube etc
- Experience with messaging and database software (Azure Service Bus, SQL Server).
- Experience with Windows Server Administration ( Active Directory, Group Policy, Desired State Configuration (DSC)
- Experience with scripting and writing unit test using PowerShell
- Proficiency with source-control tools (GitHub, Bitbucket, etc.)
- Excellent Troubleshooting Skills.
- Security practices related to encryption, certificates, and patch management
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial or enterprise environment
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com .