Lead Software Development Engineer
Nivel de Inglés
Location: O’Fallon, MO
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Software Development EngineerWho is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
Be part of the Cyber and Intelligence Solutions team developing new capabilities for MasterCard’s Decision Management Platform, which serves as the core for multiple business solutions to combat fraud and validate cardholder identity. Our patented Java-based platform processes a billion transactions per day in tens of milliseconds using a multi-tiered, message-oriented approach for high performance and availability.
• Would you like to develop industry leading solutions for fighting fraud?
• Are you motivated by bringing exciting business solutions to market?
• Do you want to innovate, using cutting edge technologies on challenging business problems?
• Build innovative, resilient, high-performing and scalable solutions
• Collaborate on assessing requirements and work closely with architects in designing robust systems
• Deliver solutions by providing day-to-day technical leadership for other developers as well as providing direct development of software
• Plan, design and develop technical solutions and alternatives to meet business requirements in adherence with MasterCard standards, processes and best practices.
• Provide thought leadership and mentor other technical resources
• Assistance with production support issues by acting as point-of-contact and subject matter expert
• Actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency
All About You
• Deep knowledge of software development processes including agile processes and test driven development
• A wide breadth and depth of technical experience including Java/JEE, Linux/Solaris, Cloud architectures
• Experience leading design efforts and providing technical leadership to developers
• Must be high-energy and self-motivated
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.