Lead Software Engineer
Nivel de Inglés
Are you passionate about the chance to bring your technical experience to drive our Engineering team using industry best practices in a world-class company? We are hiring 100+ Software Engineers including Lead Software Engineers with various experience levels for our Shared Service Center in Mexico City. We are expanding our global Shared Service Centers footprint by establishing a new Shared Service Center in Mexico City to serve the Americas (North America and LatAm ) with roles representing product, technology, sales operations, inside sales, customer service and finance. This new Shared Service Center will build on the existing established Centers in Asia (India and The Philippines), Europe (Poland) and Americas (Costa Rica).
As a Lead Software Engineer at Thomson Reuters , you will be responsible for continually looking to optimize systems and services for security, automation, performance and availability, while ensuring solutions developed, adhere and align to architectural standards. You will be responsible for ensuring that technology systems and related procedures adhere to organizational values. Y ou’ll be able to deliver innovative solutions that impact our customers business every day and partner with teammates globally to develop innovative solutions for the best products in the market. We are committed to the growth of our Engineering teams and want people who are just as excited by this as we are to join our team as a Lead Software Engineer!
About the Role
In th ese opportunit ies as a Lead Software Engineer you will:
- Develop and Deliver: Apply modern Engineering practices; you will be involved in the entire d evelopment, o perational support, m onitoring, a utomation, b uilding, t esting and d elivering high-quality solutions for the Engineering team
- Be a Team Player: Working in a collaborative team-oriented environment, you will share information, value diverse ideas, partner with cross-functional and remote teams
- Have an Agile Mindset: With a strong sense of urgency and a desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, you will deliver solutions against strict timelines
- Be Innovative: You are empowered to try new approaches and learn new technologies. You will contribute innovative ideas, create solutions, and be accountable for end-to-end deliveries
- Be an Effective Communicator: Through active engagement and communication with cross-functional partners and team members, you will effectively articulate ideas and collaborate on technical developments
You’re a fit for our Lead Software Engineering roles if you have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science , Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent experience
- 7 + years of working knowledge in software development lifecycle environment
- The ideal candidate hands-on experience and fully competent with:
- .Net /C#, ASP.Net or Java
- API development
- C ontainerization ( eg Docker, Kubernetes)
- The following skills are also desirable:
- Experience working with relational databases and/or NoSQL databases.
- We prefer candidates to have strong written and oral communication skills in Spanish and English
What’s in it For You?
At Thomson Reuters, our people are our greatest assets. Here are some of the benefits we offer for your personal and professional growth:
- Our Culture : You will have the opportunity to work for a globally recognized company that has a market dominant position for both content and technology and is passionate about giving back to the community
- Learning & Development : Exposure to a wide breadth of leading-edge technology , various training programs, conferences, networking events, in-house speaker series. As well as access to Hackathons, Unconferences, LinkedIn Learning and more
- Benefits : Vacation days, vacation b onus, C hristmas b onus, l ife and d isability i nsurance, m ajor medical expenses insurance, g rocery c oupons, IMSS, INFONAVIT, SAR
- Social Impact : Global volunteer network, organized virtual volunteer events, 2 paid volunteer workdays a year, company matching for personal charitable giving and fundraising
Apply in our career site: https://thomsonreuters.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/External_Career_Site/job/MEX-Distrito-Federal-Blvd-Manu/Lead-Software-Engineers---Engineering-Team_JREQ142813
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com .