Linux System Engineer
Nivel de Inglés
Transnational Company Global Leader in Marketing and Distribution of Food Supplements requests:
Linux System Engineer
This position is responsible for building, maintaining and basic troubleshooting the Herbalife's Linux Server Operating Systems around the world. This Global position is also responsible for maintaining the defined Service Levels Agreements and Operational Level Agreements within Herbalife. This person primary responsibility is to work with the staff, senior Engineers to administrate, implement, and troubleshoot the Herbalife server environments. The position will also focus on monitoring and documenting processes followed in Herbalife Nutrition .
· Bachelor’s degree on Information Technology
· 3+ years as a Linux System Engineer
· Good English level
- Advanced understanding of Enterprise Linux Desktop, Server Environments
- Advanced Knowledge on LDAP, DNS, FTP, SFTP and SMTP technologies.
- Advanced understanding with the
following RedHat/Oracle Linux OS Technologies
- OS Versions: RHEL6/7/8 or OEL6/7/8, Ubuntu/Debian (RHEL – RedHat Enterprise Linux, OEL – Oracle Enterprise Linux )
- Advanced BASH Shell script abilities and Scripts execution.
- Advanced understanding of networking technologies (subnetting, routing, bonding, etc.)
- Ability to read and translate requirements from/to documentation.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to effectively manage timelines and prioritize tasks with varying deadlines
· Able to understand the Industry server standards
· Good familiarity with Storage technologies.
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively with others in team environment.
Abilities and Skills
· Install, Setup, and Support Linux Server Operating Systems.
- Work on Documentation.
- Keen focus on monitoring alerts and take the corresponding actions.
- Daily checklist to clear SNOW queue and acknowledge tasks. make sure no task is unassigned.
- Proactively assist other teams on level-1 issues or requirements.
- Participate with Incident Management process and troubleshoot Sev-4 Incidents.
- Participate in various projects and work orders as assigned and complete assigned tasks on time
- Participate in Patch Management process using Spacewalk or equivalent tool for all non-prod on-prem and Cloud Linux servers
- Participate in Change creation process
- Participate in team and project meetings
Send CV in PDF format in English to the email address specified in contact information in the name of the position as title.