Tipo de puesto
Empleado de tiempo completo
Aspen Technology is looking to hire a Manager to join our growing team to lead a group of Quality Engineers. This individual will also be responsible for functional and nonfunctional testing (Performance and Test Automation testing) of aspenONE Products supporting next generation Asset Optimization solutions.
This is your opportunity to play an important role in this cutting-edge transformation and be a thought leader in the Quality space. A good understanding of software development practices, to help create and execute testing for our market-leading products is required.
This individual will develop and lead a team of 10 individuals, establish and evangelize test strategies from concept, design, implementation, testing, documentation, support, and maintenance while assuring that the product line conforms to established requirements and standards. This individual will also be responsible for developing team members in the art of gathering functional requirements, information and data to proactively drive best practices from a quality perspective into the product while collaborating with R&D and Product Management.
This individual is responsible for developing team members to create automated scripts and performance benchmarking and scalability, understanding of SAAS technologies is a plus.
· Ability to create test procedures and objectives (including test environments, installation, upgrades, and configuration) in accordance with the technical specs.
· Ability to create automated scripts for API, UI, System, Integration, performance benchmarking and scalability
· Ability to maintain and execute test automation including UI, API, backend using PowerShell, silk test, selenium automation tools, C #, JAVA, Python, Power shell.
· Ability to develop, maintain and execute performance scalability and stress testing using load runner, JMeter, ALM / VSTS tools.
· Ability to engage with cross functional team on project updates, review outcome and performance analysis.
· Develop, maintain and support tools for day to day quality activities using C #, power shell, python.
· Good understanding of different deployment infrastructures, virtualization technologies, Cloud (PAAS / SAAS).
· Understand and evangelize AspenTech Values and Competencies.
· Ensure effective bi-directional communications between US and MXC development centers, especially for Agile / Scrum projects
What you'll need
· BS / MS in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mechanical or any other engineering field with exposure to software development.
· 10-15 years of experience in validating complex software testing projects with at least 5 years managing a team.
· Ability to innovate and pursue new ideas in testing strategies, understand existing processes and methodologies. Evangelize Aspentech approved processes and technologies (Agile, Scrum)
· Experience in managing teams in distributed environment and working with North American teams a plus
· Ability to report on multiple projects to peers and cross-functional teams.
· Knowledge of data science and Artificial intelligence techniques is a plus
· Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment and build relationships outside of the department
· Experience with Agile / Scrum & SAFe development methodologies is required
· Experience with test automation, databases and test tools is desirable.
· Ability to demonstrate situational leadership, understand Aspen Values and Competencies and evangelize and mentor the team
· Excellent interpersonal, communication, writing and presentation skills is required