N1 – RAN Commissioning Senior Manager
Nivel de Inglés
Location: Plano, TX
If you have ambitions to be a part of a Best in Class organization, Samsung’s Wireless Networks team is the place to be. The role of the Wireless Networks Team is to support our carrier customers through innovative technology road map. The dynamic culture at Samsung offers both great challenge and great reward. If you want to work among the very best talent in the industry, working on the most innovative products in the world, Samsung is the place to be.
The RAN Commissioning & Integration (C&I) Sr Manager will lead a team of Commissioning and Integration engineers to deploy Samsung RAN products in customer’s network. The candidate will work with cross-functional teams including engineering and customer account teams to plan deployment activities and execute as per the schedule. The candidate will supervise a team of C&I engineers and manage all aspects of Samsung product commissioning process including resource planning, task assignment, tracking deliverables, risk management to enhance the deployment targets are met with superior quality. The candidate will provide technical guidance to the team to ensure deliverables are met. The candidate will manage processes and best practices to improve efficiencies and effectiveness of C&I team.
Role and Responsibilities
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Lead a team of Commissioning and Integration engineers to deploy Samsung RAN products in customer’s network.
- Manage all aspects of Samsung product commissioning process including resource planning, task assignment, tracking deliverables, risk management
- Responsible to provide technical & operational leadership, planning and risk management to drive large and small scale deployments of Samsung RAN equipment for various customers
- Responsible for managing project LOEs, Statement of works, migration plans and unique deployment strategies for various Samsung customers.
- Responsible for ensuring cost effectiveness by identifying areas of improvement and drive automation for commissioning process
- Provides the market teams with technical expertise for new deployment projects and create compelling technical solutions in order to help achieve the assigned business objectives
- Works with internal groups to facilitate and validate customer requirements as pertains to deployment and traffic migration.
- Convey specialized MOPs and procedures to migration team based on new, as well as any existing deployment strategies
- Develop training plans for C&I Staff and facilitate cross-training and peer mentoring.
- Be available on-call for any escalations.
- 4 years of College resulting in a Master’s Degree or equivalent or 2 year EE associates plus equivalent job knowledge.
- 12+ years of technical, leadership experience and Management in RAN deployment
- Strong technical background in two or more of the following: GSM or CDMA mobile networks, LTE & 5G.
- Experience in deploying migration projects.
- This position requires excellent communication skills as well as presentation and reporting skills.
- Self-directed individual with ability to manage other resources in a matrix environment across Engineering, Manufacturing, Deployment, Support Organizations and Customer organizations.
Skills and Qualifications
- Demonstrated ability to build, organize and manage a cohesive commissioning team
- Recognize and promote team strengths
- Prioritize multiple simultaneous projects to align with customer schedules and priorities
- Work within a professional group to determine personal work schedule to be productive.
- Work in a team environment, in order to achieve personal and team project milestones and to complete assignments within established time frames
- Accept tasks and problems/situations that differ, requiring creativity to search for optimal solutions, when only broad and general guidelines exist for solving problems. The ability to utilize implied knowledge of task alternatives and to make spontaneous decisions using past experience and the guidance and/or successful experiences of others
- Demonstrated ability to interact at multiple levels within customer’s organizations
- Negotiate with and convince others, in a potentially adversarial environment, including customer directors, managers and staff with opposing views to accept/approve plans, technical and project recommendations
- Convey professional technical information via formal written documents, presentations, email, or reports to an audience of technically skilled, management and/or operational audiences
- Ability to achieve results within established time frames and requirements
- Develop solutions and designs to meet customer needs
- Determine staffing requirements for organizational management and program delivery.
- Managing teams with focus on policy and strategy implementation and control, short-term operational/tactical responsibilities.
- Typically accountable for providing sufficient information for higher autonomy to make recommendations on budget and policies and for medium-term planning.
Work is generally performed in an office environment. Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal between more than 50% of work time, including prolonged periods of time. Requires considerable work utilizing high visual acuity / detail, numeric / character distinction and moderate hand / finger dexterity. The movement and transportation of equipment, most of the time is under 25 pounds. Performs work under time schedules and stress which are normally periodic or cyclical, including time sensitive deadlines, intellectual challenges and project management deadlines. Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids include PC’s, printers, copiers, faxes and other equipment commonly associated with an office work area. May require working additional hours beyond normal schedule. Travel varies depending on position. Consistently demonstrates a commitment to policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest and ethical responsibilities.
* Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.