N2-Tier 2 Network Support Engineer
Nivel de Inglés
Location: Plano, TX
For decades, Samsung has been leading the charge on innovation. We see beauty in achieving excellence and our passion for change fuels our discoveries, inventions, and breakthrough technology. We believe that technology can, and should, make the world a better place, so we create new possibilities for people everywhere, push the limits of what’s possible, and constantly innovate.
At Samsung Electronics America, we take pride in the creativity and diversity of our talented people – they are at the forefront of everything we do. Their skillset and mindset drive our continued success. Only the resilient and resourceful thrive in the daily dose of unexpected at Samsung. We unapologetically push to achieve unforeseen potential in everything we do, both within the workplace and at home. We fearlessly face challenges head-on, conquer the unconquerable, and are comfortable living in the uncomfortable zone. Together we make the impossible possible. Because at Samsung, we Own the Unknown.
Are you ready to #OwnTheUnknown? Join us.
Role and Responsibilities
If you have ambitions to be a part of a Best in Class organization, Samsung’s Wireless Networks team is the place to be! The role of the Wireless Networks Team is to support our carrier customers through innovative technology road map. The dynamic culture at Samsung offers both great challenge and great reward. If you want to work among the very best talent in the industry, working on the most innovative products in the world, Samsung is the place to be.
We are looking for a Tier 2 Network Support Engineer to join our Wireless Networks team. You will be a key contributor being technical interface to customer market teams. You will have your finger on the pulse of the entire customer network. You will monitor the network health, make improvement recommendations and repair the network. You represent Samsung when leading network outages in a multi-vendor environment.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide Tier-2 support for client’s 3G & 4G Femto Cell Network
- Address and resolve NRB Remedy tickets impacting customer Femtocell issues
- Provide support for Core Network elements in client’s data Centers
- Create, review and execute MOPS to deploy new software and feature in Production network
- Provide 24X7 Tier-2 support for 4G and 3G FemtoCell Products as per the M&S Support requirements.
- Network Outage restoration, defect tracking and resolution, Preparation and execution of MOP as per the Service Level Agreement Contract
- Manage escalations from the NRB, MTCE, CDS and DBA teams.
- Develop automation scripts and cronjobs to automate health checks, work around and address network issues
- Troubleshoot and work on 3G Ubicell and 4G Femtocell management servers with a good understanding of the network elements JMS/SMS/PCF/PCFEMS elements in client’s Network
- Solid knowledge of Veritas High Availability software on both client’s 3G and 4G Femtocell network UCM/SMS Servers with ability to perform recovery, fault clearance, analyze engine log and recommend corrective actions
- Strong knowledge and understanding of client’s market data files related to FemtoCell and Ubicell Geoplans
- Ability to test, verify and recommend changes to client’s CNS/NDBM teams on capacity/database changes and recommendation for implementing in network
- Solid knowledge and understanding of Solaris and Linux OS System Admin functions
- Strong knowledge in Oracle servers, Brocade SAN switches, Storage RAIDs, Axiom Storage RAIDs; past experience working on Axiom Pilot, Slammers and Bricks.
- Strong Knowledge of CAM software and ability to manage disk recovery, replacement and rebuilds
- Good knowledge of SANE configuration and Citrix environment in Customer network
- Good working knowledge of Oracle database and SQL queries to manipulate and generate database reports.
- Good knowledge on Unix scripts and cronjobs to automate day to day health checks
- Strong knowledge in LTE and network architecture (RAN and CORE Network Elements) and IP network
- Experience in system integration and validation
- Experience with performance analysis and troubleshooting Network Issues
- Ability to write test plans and test methods/MOPs
Skills and Qualifications
Background & Competencies Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering (EE, CS or related field) with 5+ years of experience or equivalent work experience required
- Very familiar with the Wireless Network and Mobile Interworking (RAN or IP)
- Very familiar with Femto Cell Network
- Must have experience: Oracle Database / MariaDB and SQL language
- Must have experience: Unix / Linux Admin on both Solaris and Linux
- Must have Hardware experience: Oracle Servers X2 and Netra Platform, Storage RAIDs, Axiom RAIDS, Brocade SAN Switches
- Must have CAM software experience
- Provide support to customers 24X7
- Work Night shift / Maintenance windows as required
- Willing to travel to customer location as needed for hardware issue resolution or commissioning (less than 5%)
- Willing to be on call and rotation schedule (50% of the time)
Necessary Skills and attributes:
Demonstrated ability to interact at all levels within customer’s organizations. The ability to negotiate with and convince others, in a potentially adversarial environment, including customer leadership, directors and managers with opposing views to accept/approve plans, technical and project recommendations. The ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple strategic programs and simultaneous performance objectives. The ability to write, read, interpret, explain and act based on a thorough understanding of technical documents, engineering materials and contracts or related documents. Ability to make professional sales and business presentations in writing, through email, reports, or orally, including complex business and technical matters to an audience of high technical skills, management and operational experience. Ability to support a cross-functional Samsung team to achieve customer contracted objectives and specific team goals within established time frames and requirements. Assist in and if needed direct the Samsung team in lab and field trials related to introduction of products sold to the customer.
Work is generally performed in an office environment. Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal between more than 50% of work time, including prolonged periods of time. Requires considerable work utilizing high visual acuity / detail, numeric / character distinction and moderate hand / finger dexterity. The movement and transportation of equipment, most of the time is under 25 pounds. Performs work under time schedules and stress which are normally periodic or cyclical, including time sensitive deadlines, intellectual challenges and project management deadlines. Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids include PC’s, printers, copiers, faxes and other equipment commonly associated with an office work area. May require working additional hours beyond normal schedule. Travel varies depending on position. Consistently demonstrates a commitment to policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest and ethical responsibilities.
* Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.