Skyworks is looking for a seasoned data professional to support a complex Operational Data Store system on SQL Server 2017. The position requires a service-oriented mindset, excellent communication skills, technical leadership traits, and broad database and data integration expertise. Successful candidates have a SQL Server DBA or Data Engineering background.
• Administer SQL Server security and permissions
• Administer SSIS packages, troubleshoot issues
• Administer SQL Server Replication (Transactional and Snapshot)
• Administer multidimensional databases (Analysis Services) including Production releases
• PowerShell scripting for administrative tasks
• SQL Agent job management (create and modify jobs, administer permissions, configure alerts)
• Respond to L1/L2 incidents (job failures, slowness, blockings, deadlocks, permissions)
• Assist data stakeholders with data issues (duplicate keys, incorrect reports, other tasks)
• Peer-review SQL code and fine-tune queries
• Attend weekly change management meetings, release changes to Production on a scheduled and off-cycle basis
• Maintain SQL coding guidelines and best practices
• Proactive monitoring of disk space and performance, SQL Server capacity planning
• Refresh lower development environments from Production database backups
• Provide documentation for SOX audits
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, business, manufacturing, or a related field required.
• 8+ years of relevant experience in Data Engineering or SQL Server Database Administration is required.
• Advanced T-SQL programming knowledge is a must-have.
• Proficient in using SQL Server Execution Plans to improve the performance of queries.
• Proficient English (speaking, writing) and above-average communication skills.
• Software development lifecycle discipline, ability to work across different environments.
• SQL Server 2016 or newer, Integration Services, Analysis Services (Tabular and Multidimensional), Azure DevOps or equivalent Source Control platform, SQL Server Execut