Tipo de puesto
Empleado de tiempo completo
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY: A key element within the
Rackspace support infrastructure and is expected to provide a high level
of technical support to our customers over the phone and via support
tickets. The owner of complex customer issues which may take several
days or weeks to resolve. Overlay for learning about new product
offerings and facilitating their successful delivery across the segment.
Organizes and presents at Brown Bags and other learning opportunities
to ensure successful product launches and integration. Researches
existing products to ensure customers are aware of and understand use
cases for specific products. Involved in researching why products
already launched are or are not successful. Applies creative
problem-solving techniques to identify the source of problems; while at
the same time keeping the customer aware of every step along the way via
the ticketing system. Expected to use initiative and advise on
potential pitfalls that a customer may experience, using existing or
planned methods, and suggest alternatives that may better serve the
stability and security of the customer’s solution. Proposes and
implements system enhancements (software and hardware updates) that will
improve the performance and reliability of the system. Manages the
load configuration of a central data communication processor and makes
recommendations for purchase or upgrade of data networks. Coordinates
terminal orders, network system planning, upgrading, monitoring,
testing, and servicing. Defines, designs and implements network
communications and solutions using the Windows system. Responsible for
solving customer's technical issues which can include OS level,
webserver, database server, applications server, DNS, SMTP or other
software issue. Highly engaged with Product Roadmap, communicating new
products to Enterprise Support Engineers, and assisting with product
rollout and adoption.
• KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITY: Uses skills as a seasoned experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures; resolves a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways. Excellent business instincts. Excellent knowledge of legacy and current versions of Linux, Containers, DNS, SMTP and TCP/IP. Continually expands knowledge in the areas of new developments and trends; may make recommendations to management on desirable additions and developments. Ability to quickly get up to speed on new product offerings and have strong ability to present to peers the best practices for integrating these products to our customers through Brown Bags or specialized training. Ability to work with product teams to provide input on new products that best meet our customer’s needs. Excellent ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize work in order to maintain required productivity levels. Must be detailed in documenting information and practice good follow through techniques. Excellent problem solving abilities, coupled with a desire to take on responsibility. Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• JOB COMPLEXITY: Acts as an SME for specialized technologies and new products, and is viewed as a valuable resource on the support floor. Identifies and executes technical projects to improve the technical support function at Rackspace. Provides consulting services to customer on building solutions to meet customer needs. Responsible for technical aspect of customer visits both in the office and at customer locations, includes presentations. Ensures customer satisfaction with follow ups. Handles level-appropriate customer support requests via the ticket system. Creates and maintains customer loyalty by serving customers above and beyond their expectations. Exercises judgment in decision-making in order to routinely deliver FANATICAL customer support. Mentors and coaches Rackers on the technical support floor, and is heavily involved in product training and adoption for new and existing Support Engineers. Due to the 24x7x365 operations of the business, must be able to work a flexible work schedule, may include nights, weekends, holidays, etc.
• SUPERVISION: Provides input during the performance and merit review process. Responsible for scheduling and ensuring adequate coverage. Facilitate technical meetings. Identify coaching and development opportunities for technicians. Assist the team lead as appropriate. Serves as a back up to Team Leader.
• SKILLS/EXPERIENCE: a Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field, AND 3 - 5 years system administration experience requiring expert level OS knowledge. Minimum of 2+ years web hosting experience. Minimum knowledge of Advanced Networking, Server Architecture and Storage Solutions. Familiarity with Rackspace tools, products, systems and infrastructure. At the manager’s discretion, a high school diploma and 12 years of additional relevant experience may substitute for the Bachelor’s degree requirement. •
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: General office environment. May require long periods sitting and viewing a computer monitor. Moderate levels of stress may occur at times. No special physical demands required. Occasional domestic travel, less than 10%.
• NICE TO HAVES:
• Experience working with Kubernetes and Docker container platforms• Certified Kubernetes Adminstrator (CKA)• Experience working with OpenStack• Experience working with Ansible• Experience integrating monolith/microservices applications with existing systems• Experience in agile methodologies• Experience with other cloud providers AWS, Azure, GCP• Experience with Terraform•
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.
We accelerate the value of the cloud during every phase of digital transformation. By managing apps, data, security and multiple clouds, we are the best choice to help customers get to the cloud, innovate with new technologies and maximize their IT investments. We have been honored by Fortune, Forbes, Glassdoor and others as one of the best places to work. Join us on our mission to build the world’s best technology services company.
More on Rackspace
Rackers aren’t all alike. We look different. We think uniquely. We are from many places and our beliefs & backgrounds vary. But, being a Racker — a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission – is what connects us all. Rackers are encouraged to bring their whole self to work every day, as we know that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers & communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.