NA Oracle COE - Costing IT Business Analyst, Senior
The Costing IT Business Analyst (BA) is a member of the NA Oracle Center of Excellence (CoE) and whose main responsibility is to provide world-class support for Oracle OPM Costing(GMF) and Site Accounting solutions to the PPG business and the Service Centers.
The NA Oracle CoE support the NA Financials groups using USCA Oracle or interfaces with USCA Oracle. The CoE also supports the entire suite of Oracle applications that PPG rolled out over the last several years to support Manufacturing and Supply chain at our plants
This Oracle CostingnIT Business Analyst position is responsible for providing the techno/functional direction of Oracle OPM Costing(GMF) and Oracle General Ledger, specifically as it deals with Oracle Subledger Accounting(SLA rules) which includes expanding the use of standard Oracle R12 functionality. The position is located in the Queretaro site. The position requires direct interaction with application users, managers, other functional, and technical resources in order to analyze business and information technology processes and prepare designs for business process and application changes. The Oracle Costing IT Business Analyst is responsible for networking with other Oracle Financials Analysts to understand the relationship between Oracle OPM Costing(GMF) and Oracle Subledger Accounting(SLA) and to solve business problems. In conjunction with software developers, the Oracle Costing IT Business Analyst solicits business requirements through interviews, workshops, and/or existing systems documentation or procedures, prepares written specifications and test plans, provides project management to coordinate support and developer resources in compliance with PPG’s PMO policies.
Ability to rapidly assimilate PPG’s OPM Costing business processes and demonstrate a strong understanding of accounting practices, Oracle Sub-Ledger Accounting (SLA)
- Technical knowledge for the Oracle Financial models
- Knowledge in gathering requirements, functional design, and working with business processes
- Good technical knowledge and ability to express complex technical concepts in terms that are understandable to the business/function
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Technical understanding of Oracle Database and ability to write SQL queries
- Technical understanding of Program techniques used to extend the Oracle R12 Applications.
- Track record of successful participation on Manufacturing Costing projects
- Must be able to work without close supervision
- Strong analytical abilities and technical skills to evaluate alternative approaches and to recommend feasible and economical solutions, by using standard Oracle functionality
- Ability to lead and effectively participate in teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to express and document situations, processes, and business and technical requirements
- Ability to build strong working relationships
- Basic Qualifications Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems or Accounting/Business or related discipline At least 2 years prior experience with R12 Oracle OPM Costing
- Proficiency with Oracle application tools
- Preferred Qualifications (in addition to Basic Qualifications): MBA at least 5 years prior experience with Oracle tool set of database