Amdocs somos una empresa del giro de IT, enfocada al giro de telecomunicaciones, con 35 años en el mercado, presencia a nivel internacional en diferentes países como: Estados Unidos, Canadá, China, Israel, India, España, Brazil, Chile, etc., con más de 25,000 empleados alrededor del mundo y más de 500 en México.
Actualmente estamos buscando un: Oracle DBA
Who are we?
If you're a smartphone user then you are part of an ever more connected and digital world. At Amdocs, we are leading the digital revolution into the future. From virtualized telecommunications networks, Big Data and Internet of Things to mobile financial services, billing and operational support systems, we are continually evolving our business to help you become more connected. We make sure that when you watch a video on YouTube, message friends on SnapChat or send your images on Instagram, you get a great service anytime, anywhere, and on any device. We are at the heart of the telecommunications industry working with giants such as AT&T, Vodafone, Telstra and Telefonica, helping them create an amazing new world for you where technology is being used in amazing new ways every single day.
In one sentence
The DB administrator is handling physical and applicative database administration activities supporting end 2 end life cycle of product from database perspective
What will your job look like?
- You will support the following levels: Physical - you will be responsible for the physical and technical oriented aspects e.g. storage, security, networking and more; Application - you will handles all application-related issues (e.g. queries, users, embedded SQL's etc.)
- You will ensure database resources are sized properly and a design strategy is developed to make sure that the database is maintained at a healthy size.
- You will ensure availability and performance of multi database and application environments with very large volumes and sizes.
- You will perform routine DBA tasks like database maintenance, backups, recovery, table space management, upgrades, etc.
- You will execute periodic health checks for databases and recommend changes that should be executed in the production environment to ensure optimal performance.
- You will interact and work with multiple infra and IT teams as part of environment setup, maintenance and support
- You will work closely with developers, assist them with database structure design as of business needs (e.g. indexes, constraints, integrity)
All you need is...
- At least 3 years' experience as a DBA in large environment
- Experience as DBA - Oracle 10g, 11g, 12c - database management and architecture
- Experience with Oracle 10g, 11g, 12c, RAC, ADG, GG, ASM.
- Experience working with Linux/Unix and Windows based OS Environment
- Experience in working with large scale projects and databases highly advantageous
- Extensive operation systems knowledge
- Network architecture knowledge
- Experience in working and configuration of storage (IBM/EMC/Netapp)
- Ability to effectively multitask, work in a team and ability to deliver against deadlines and under pressure
- Knowledge on Couchbase and Big data is a plus.
Why you will love this job?
- You will be able to use your specific insights into variety of projects to overcome technical challenge while continuing to deepen your area of knowledge.
- You will be a key member of a global, dynamic and highly collaborative team with various possibilities for personal and professional development
- You will have the opportunity to work in multinational environment for the global market leader in its field