Who are we?
If you’re a smartphone user then you are part of an ever more connected and digital world. At Amdocs, we are leading the digital revolution into the future. From virtualized telecommunications networks, Big Data and Internet of Things to mobile financial services, billing and operational support systems, we are continually evolving our business to help you become more connected. We make sure that when you watch a video on YouTube, message friends on SnapChat or send your images on Instagram, you get a great service anytime, anywhere, and on any device. We are at the heart of the telecommunications industry working with giants such as AT&T, Vodafone, Telstra and Telefonica, helping them create an amazing new world for you where technology is being used in amazing new ways every single day.
In one sentence
Responsible for leading and mentoring a strong java developers team within a specific task or project, side by side with hands-on development.
What will your job look like?
- You will work with the Top Telecommunications Companies around the globe in a multicultural environment.
- You will provide technical leadership to software engineers by coaching and mentoring throughout the end-to-end software development lifecycle.
- You will identify and create plans to fill any technical and soft-skills gaps inside the teams.
- You will achieve project goals to the required level of quality; promote team engagement and motivation.
- You will provide input to the software engineering manager for estimates, resource needs, milestones and risks; ensure effective delegation, monitoring tasks, identifying risks and handling mitigation and escalations.
- You will provide hands-on technical and functional input to design, maintenance, build, integration and testing of complex software components according to functional and technical design specifications; Follow software development methodologies and release processes
- You will analyze and provide input for the requirements and provide impact assessment for new features or bug fixes. Make high-level design and establishes technical standards.
All you need is...
- Bachelor's degree in Science/IT/Computing or equivalent
- 5 years of experience in Java Enterprise Software engineering role
- 2 years of experience in leading and mentoring top-notch engineers.
- Expertise in Web Services (Rest & Soap), Java 8, Maven, Spring, Tomcat, and Unix.
- Expertise in SQL, Hibernate, and NoSQL Databases.
- Strong experience in WebLogic and Tomcat.
- Thorough understanding of design principles and procedures, related software management tools, and support methodologies.
- Strong experience leading projects throughout the entire software development cycle.
- Knowledge/Experience of BSS/OSS Architecture is highly desirable.
Why you will love this job?
- You will be challenged with leading and mentoring a small development team
- You will be challenged by leading the technical aspects of the project
- You will have the opportunity to work in a growing organization, with ever-growing opportunities for personal growth
- You will have the opportunity to work with the industry most advanced technologies