Nivel de Inglés
The Performance Engineer will be a part of the Digital Operations team supporting application development teams to design and develop high performance and scalable applications. This role will work with developers on the teams to tune the application to meet our performance goals. They will work with engineers in the team to make sure we have tools in place to debug issues, identify performance bottlenecks and measure performance KPIs. They will use open source technologies and build tools to define and collect key performance metrics and make them visible for testing and operations.
· Measure, profile, & optimize performance in a multi-tiered, distributed & hybrid (on premise + Cloud) environment. Setup tools/techniques to achieve this.
· Provides input to architectural & design decisions to improve Performance & ensure resilience, scalability, maintainability & overall operational stability of Digital Platforms.
· Designs & develops performance test frameworks to utilize as part of delivery pipeline
· Provides coaching to improve technical capabilities of application developers
· Establish performance baselines, guidelines & non-functional requirements for digital platforms including establishment of frameworks to measure & validate performance
· Researches & makes recommendations around new technologies & performance related tools & techniques
· Work with internal & external teams to clearly articulate & drive resolution on performance analysis, tuning & preventing degradation of the customer experience
· Designs & executes Load, Stress, Endurance & Capacity tests, analyze & converts results into actionable improvements across development squads.
· Participates in performance & scalability focused incident & problem management activities & resolving root cause of performance related problems, through tuning, recommending configuration changes, or refactoring application software to resolve poor performance
· Reviews all system architecture changes & assesses performance, scalability & system capacity impacts.
· Delivers artifacts, technical alternative documents & architectural designs that meet business performance requirements.
· Design, setup and manage front end optimization rules to improve site performance
· Work with development teams in driving continuous performance improvements of Digital Platforms
· Performance analysis to identify bottlenecks & design appropriate optimizations
· Collaborate with operations in finding root cause and reduce MTTR for Performance, scalability related issues
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field and/or equivalent years of experience.
Required Skills & Experience
· 5+ years of experience in performance engineering or related role
· Expertise in performance engineering & Test methods & tools (JMeter, BlazeMeter, Gatling, Locust, Soasta or similar)
· Prior experience with performance engineering of retail ecommerce & mobile
· Deep expertise of client-side performance considerations and cross-browser compatibility issues
· Experience with CI/CD capable performance test frameworks
· Advanced with modern micro service based architectures & operations in a heterogeneous environment spanning on-premise & cloud stacks at runtime
· Familiarity with Agile software development processes
· Strong verbal and written communication, organization, time management and analytical/problem solving skills are required along with a high degree of flexibility and creativity
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Mix of Work from home and typical office environment; cubicle/office setting.
- Extended periods of time sitting, standing, typing on a computer is required.
- 10% of travel may be required.