The Perl Web Application Developer will work as part of The Company’s Web/Application Development Team. Their primary role is the development and maintenance of major and minor web applications and components in support of The Company’s internal and external environments using technologies that conform to established standards. Secondary roles include training, reporting, graphics design and special projects as needed.
- Assist other members of the Development Team, in the creation of detailed specification documents with clear project deliverables and timelines.
- Develop, integrate and maintain internal and external web applications based on specification documents and ensuring timely completion of deliverables.
- Responsibilities require on call rotation and sometimes working evenings and weekends, occasionally with little advanced notice.
- Perform other duties or special projects as requested related to area of responsibility SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 3-5 years in a developer role for a high security, high availability e-commerce site.
- 3-5 years in a developer role for a LAMP (CentOS, Apache, modPerl, PostgreSQL) environment.
- BS/BA in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience required.
- In-Depth knowledge of web design processes, languages and methodologies.
- Working knowledge of relational database systems.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience with cross-browser and cross-platform.
- Position deals with a variety of problems, priorities and skill levels.
- Requires complex problem solving and time/priority management skills with the ability to articulate technical concepts at all levels of skill.