Public Safety Software Consultant (Remote)
Nivel de Inglés
Location : Remote – USCompany Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.Department Overview
The Software Enterprise Sales team is a group within Motorola Solutions, Inc. that provides industry leading, next generation Citizen Engagement, 9-1-1 Call Taking, Computer Aided Dispatch, Records Management, Jail Management, Public Service 311, and analytics software applications to the Public Safety and Public Service markets. No other company has the breadth and depth of technology and experience to deliver end to end public safety applications and mission critical voice and data communications systems.Job Description
The Public Safety Software Consultant is responsible for developing the Software Suite strategy for their supported region. This plan should include training and development, a partnership with local events such as roadshows equating to creating new Software Suite pipeline. Pursue new incremental accounts and opportunities, work to identify strategic Manufacturer Representatives, invests time wisely in messaging, developing, motivating LMR sales associates, respond in a timely and professional manner.
The Public Safety Software Consultant (IE) will be responsible, but not limited to the following:
- Build long-term pipeline, maintain a real opportunity funnel. Laying the groundwork to uncover new deals and opportunities into the future.
- Recognizes and acts on opportunities, develop and grow account contacts be timely with follow-up on product issues, and be responsive to customer needs and requests. Effective use of conversational questioning skills to uncover customer needs, issues, and other information necessary to successfully close a Software Suite opportunity. Assist in fulfilling all customer care responsibilities and other sales support requirements to ensure maximum customer retention levels.
- The IE effectively assist in the start of Software Suite piloting/evaluation activities equating to closed business. The IE should effectively engage members and work partners to execute on successful opportunities.
- The IE should be well aware of MSI’s pricing policies and structure of dealer pricing programs and adhere to the guidelines on pricing. Business conflicts and issues must be handled professionally by the IE. The IE should work diligently to get our Software Suite on as many contracts as possible.
- The IE is a team player and works with others in mind and respects the responsibilities of peers including work partners such as LMR account managers. The IE is timely and accurate with all administrative responsibilities, including but not limited to expenses, training, conference calls, PO claiming, special discount requests and opportunity qualifying. The IE should show a level of urgency when responding to customers, and LMR peers.
- The IE continually conducts oneself in a highly ethical, moral, and professional fashion. The IE is consistently on time for meetings, conference calls, and other time sensitive events. The IE has a high degree of loyalty to MSI core customers and makes decisions based on the overall MSI customer needs versus personal centric gain.
- Bachelors Degree.
- Seeking 10+ years work experience in Government Public Safety (minimum 5+ years in a command-level positions) with sales and business development in the industry.
- General knowledge of CJIS security protocols and Data Networks such as LTE & LMR.
- Extremely proficient in the technology trends impacting national policies.
- Considerable experience and expertise with State and Local purchasing processes and contracts that are available for our products.
- Highly motivated, entrepreneurial, self-starter. Willingness and ability to prioritize tasks, set daily action items, and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Superior organization and time management skills. Detail oriented with excellent follow-through and follow-up.
- Diligent work ethic. Willingness to take initiative and ownership of opportunities and move deliverables to completion.
- Flexible, adaptable team player with strong interpersonal skills. Resourcefulness to effectively navigate the internal MSI organization to resolve issues and achieve objectives.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong computer skills with a high level of competence in WAN, LAN, Cloud.
- This position is subject to working in high security areas governed by the US Department of Justice’s “Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Security Policy” and therefore requires successfully passing a more stringent fingerprint background check administered by Motorola Solutions Inc. customers.
- Broad experience & knowledge across multiple areas of the State and Local government.
- Significant experience using and/or promoting technologies to the Body Worn Camera sector.
- Ability to identify new business opportunities and areas for improvement. Communication skills to present the opportunity and achieve buy-in.
- Experience developing, presenting and executing strategic plans and business cases to achieve buy-in of necessary stakeholders such as MSI product teams.
- Candidates will be expected to grow the Software Enterprise business with new and existing opportunities, negotiating contracts, holding sales training, and promoting the value of our software solutions.
Bachelors Degree with 4+ years of sales/public safety experience OR 8+ years of sales/public safety experience
Must be able to obtain background clearance as required by government customerTravel Requirements
ExperiencedReferral Payment Plan