QA Engineer – Cloud Systems
Nivel de Inglés
Location : Cambridge, MA
Cambridge Mobile Telematics (CMT) is seeking a QA Engineer to test our cloud services. In this role, you will translate requirements into testable hypotheses and find ways to test them. Through the process, you will become an expert in at least one aspect of our product and ensure that this piece functions well in service of the whole. You will also debug both technology and business processes, expose hidden assumptions and hidden risks, and develop solutions in order to deliver the best software possible. As part of a small team, your contributions will be important and visible, and you will gain significant exposure to exciting new developments in mobile sensing, IoT firmware, and large-scale analytics / machine learning.
A typical week could include: meeting with the Product team and developers to work out design details of planned Cloud software changes, reviewing and assessing pull requests for correct function and unit test coverage, designing and performing regression tests (automated, where possible), logging bugs, and analyzing logs to investigate the causes of unexpected behavior.
The ideal candidate will have experience performing exploratory or hypothesis-based testing and troubleshooting complex systems. The ideal candidate will also be curious, adaptable, and self-motivated.
You will be joining a small, dynamic team of outstanding software engineers, QA engineers, and product managers who are working to build software to help make drivers smarter and roads safer. Current members of the QA team have a wide variety of backgrounds, with degrees in biology, humanities, and physics. Your ability to figure out new technology and find bugs is more important than your major or your previous job titles.
CMT pioneered the development of smartphone telematics services and big data analytics to offer a behavior-based program to automotive insurance companies and, more broadly, the connected car ecosystem. We are the market leader with key mobile telematics and big data expertise, yet we are always striving to learn more and innovate further. CMT was founded in 2010 but we are still small and maintain a startup culture – often experimenting and nimbly adjusting to the needs of our customers and the market.
- Collaborate with our Product team to review requirements; provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Collaborate with our Cloud, Hardware, Mobile, and Data teams to review implementation details and documentation
- Review pull requests for Cloud Software changes; assess for correct functionality and unit test coverage
- Perform exploratory testing and document results
- Identify, record, document, and track bugs
- Perform regression testing on new releases
- Collaborate with teammates to share knowledge, and improve tools and processes
- BS or MS degree in a Science or Engineering subject, or equivalent experience in a technical role
- Working knowledge of Object-oriented Python, or advanced skills in another programming language
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to take minimal direction and figure out the details (e.g., by reading documentation, experimenting with the software, or asking questions)
- Admin-level skill in Linux
- Proficiency with SQL
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
Cambridge Mobile Telematics’ (CMT) mission is to make the world’s roads and drivers safer. Since its first product launch in 2012 that pioneered mobile usage-based insurance, CMT has become the world’s leading telematics and analytics provider for insurers, rideshares, and fleets. CMT’s DriveWell platform uses mobile sensing and behavioral science to measure driving risk and incentivize safer driving, while its Claims Studio reduces the claims cycle time with real-time crash detection, crash reconstruction, and damage assessment using telematics and artificial intelligence. CMT has over 50 active programs with insurers and other partners, improving safety for millions of drivers every day around the world. Started based on research at MIT and backed by the SoftBank Vision Fund to fuel its rapid growth, CMT is headquartered in Cambridge MA. To learn more, visit www.cmtelematics.com and follow CMT on Twitter
Our Benefits Include:
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k match)
- Life Insurance (Basic & AD&D)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Parental Leave
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Work From Home
- Flexible Scheduling Options
- Stock Option Plan