We are seeking an experienced software test professional to lead the test efforts for custom solutions provided to Toshiba’s Point of Sale (POS) clients. This role requires the skills and ability to manage the test delivery of multiple customer projects and provide leadership and guidance to testers to ensure delivery of quality software.
• Lead a test team and ensure best practices are followed; take action when discrepancies arise.
• Review custom software design documents and participate in design review discussions.
• Provide estimates for system setup and configuration, manual test creation, execution time and hardware resource requirements.
• Lead, guide and monitor the analysis, design, implementation and execution of test cases, test procedures and test results.
• Stage/set-up test environment including hardware and software installations.
• Manage test equipment inventory (Toshiba and Client’s), track assets, coordinate with manager to acquire additional equipment.
• Create and execute tests as needed; assist in defect verification and manage defects to resolution.
• Manage team priorities and test activities to ensure project test schedules/deliveries are met.
• Identify and drive opportunities for increasing efficiencies and quality.
• Communicate closely with the project team on test and defect statuses, delivery risks, mitigation plans, etc.
• Create documentation for various initiatives including test plans, custom installation procedures, process improvements, etc.
• Provide recommendations to the project team for shipping solutions to clients.
• Provide input to “Go”/”No Go” decisions.
Areas of Expertise & Special Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
• 6+ years Software Test Experience
• Programming skills
• Experience with Agile software development
• Operating Systems
• Experience leading a test team and managing deliveries for multiple clients.
• Experience setting up the hardware and software for a fully integrated test environment.
• Fluent English Language Speaking, Written Skills.
• Able to present statuses in a clear concise manner to management and clients.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Experience implementing test methodologies.
• Programming skills
• Point of Sale (POS) test experience.
• Experience working with external clients.
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion-dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco?
These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities.