At Terminal, we identify emerging tech hubs around the globe, and connect the top engineers with the most compelling companies. We provide complete operations and services to give companies all the benefits of a new office without any of the hassle. We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. Terminal is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
OpenGov was founded in 2012 by Zac Bookman, Joe Lonsdale, and technologists from Stanford University, who studied government budgeting in the aftermath of the Great Recession. They observed dedicated public servants struggle against outdated technology that prevented them from accessing timely spending information and communicating their priorities to citizens and elected officials. Believing there was a better way, the team set out to build a cloud-based solution to power more effective and accountable government. Today over 2,000 public agencies in 48 states form a growing network leveraging OpenGov to achieve better budgeting, performance, communications, reporting, and open data that ultimately result in better outcomes for the public. We value self-starters with the ability to communicate ideas effectively and contribute to OpenGov's culture of respect, dedication, and fun. We value clean code, principles over dogma, and making the world better every day.
What you'll do
- Understand the product and customer usage patterns.
- Create and update all required test artifacts (ie. test plans, strategies and cases, test coverage metrics, bug reports, etc).
- Identify, reproduce, triage and report issues.
- Perform manual functional, cross-browser, performance and exploratory testing
- Work closely with stakeholders (product, developers, designers, support team) .
- Participate in agile team practices (ie. standup, planning, sprint retrospectives etc.)
- Collaborate with larger quality organization on cross-functional initiatives.
- Be aware of the state of quality of features and provide feedback about the current quality level of the products and features, and communicate with key stakeholders.
What you bring
● Experience: Minimum 5 years industry experience with 5 years in SaaS companies and 3 years as a SDET
● Education: BS in Computer Science or equivalent
What you have
- Self starter with ability to multitask.
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance for Saas based applications.
- Understanding of software quality assurance processes.
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test strategies and test cases.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Strong communication skills and willingness to work in close collaboration with team members.
- Provide project managers and cross functional teams with detailed status and progress throughout the hardware/software development cycle.
- Exposure to quality tools like JIRA , Confluence.
- Domain expertise in Accounting/Budgeting.