Quality Assurance Engineer
$ 50,000 a 60,000
Nivel de Inglés
IPO'd global leader in open source software with a strong focus on Kubernetes container management and Linux OS is expanding in Mexico through its nearshore partner. We are looking for the most talented engineers in Mexico to come learn Kubernetes and be part of their Rancher release management team. Over time, top performers will have the opportunity to move to new product development and engage with our customer's in building custom solutions. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to become one of Mexico's Kubernetes experts and ride the wave as Kubernetes becomes the global standard for cloud software deployment.
We are offering a great salary, above the market benefits and working closely with the customer teams.
As a QA Engineer, you will be part of a world-class engineering team. You will help improve the quality, performance, and resiliency of products like Rancher, RKE, K3s, and Longhorn. You will develop comprehensive test suites and strive for full automation coverage of key product features. You will push the envelope of the technology in multiple fronts.
You must be knowledgeable and passionate about quality and automation. You must be well versed in dynamic languages like Python. Experience with DevOps practices and continuous integration environments will be helpful. You must be a quick learner and can get up to speed with latest Docker and Kubernetes container technologies.
- Help improve the quality, performance, and resiliency of products like Rancher, RKE, K3s, and Longhorn.
- Develop comprehensive test suites and strive for full automation coverage of key product features.
- Design, build and manage advanced automated testing frameworks.
- Work with your fellow engineers and our customers to create a world-class product.
- Participate in daily standups and work in an agile development environment.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Typically 2-5 years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Using software quality assurance tools and processes.
- Software testing methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools.
- Fluency in languages like Python or Go
- Experience in DevOps process and CI/CD pipeline tools like Jenkins, Drone, Bamboo, etc.
- Comfortable in working within a Linux environment
- Experience in building maintainable and well-tested code
- Demonstrable troubleshooting and debugging ability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.