Nivel de Inglés
Position Title: Release Manager
Department: Research and Development
Reports To: Release Manager Team Lead
Job Type: Full-time, Salary
FLSA Status: Exempt
Overview: The Release Manager is responsible for planning release schedule with product and implementation teams. Compiling a deployment package for a given version and targeted environment (Test/Staging/Prod). Participate in performing a final Go/No-Go check on the code before deploying to Production. Running Production unit tests after code is deployed to ensure all tests pass and everything is running as expected. Helping internal and external customers to identify and resolve technical issues for our suite of products through all means available (i.e. phone, email, etc.). This individual must be detail oriented and possess a strong technical aptitude, ability to teach and train other members of the team. Assists development teams as appropriate.
· Coordinate and manage all activities pertaining to upcoming software releases.
· Coordinate across all software development groups to ensure teams understand their goals and priorities and are meeting release deadlines.
· Monitor production environments to ensure all systems are working as expected.
· Help mitigate any production issues and work with the support team to provide necessary messaging on status of issue.
· Receive escalated issues of varying complexity, difficulty, or complaint calls as well as escalate complex, difficult, or complaint calls to a Manager and/or other internal resources necessary
· Provide feedback to the development team on issues pertaining to the system
· Investigate bugs, support, change, and/or features requests by gathering business and technical requirements, design, plan, and translate them into IT/technical solutions
· Creation and review of knowledge base articles for technical accuracy
· Work in team environments that span functional and geographic boundaries
· Other duties assigned as necessary
Skills & Abilities:
· Excellent attention to detail, strong investigative skills and exceptional analytical skills
· Experience with deployment management tools and practices - e.g. TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, etc.
· Strong understanding of IP networking and tools such as IIS, Ping, Traceroute, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP
· Exposure to PCI compliance standards and software development lifecycles
· Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-ask in a deadline-driven, high pressure environment
· Must be team oriented with the ability to work independently and have the flexibility to work on holidays and weekends as needed
· Understanding of the payments and banking industry (credit cards, ACH, chargebacks, returns, etc.)
· Development and/or QA experience
· Insurance industry experience dealing with a policy and/or agency management system
· Technical or customer support in the payment processing industry
Education & Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or at least 3 years technical or software development experience
· Experience working in an IT environment with extensive MS infrastructure
· Experience with MS Database technologies (i.e. SQL Server), MS Communication technologies (i.e. Exchange), MS Collaboration technologies (i.e. MS SharePoint Server), JIRA ticketing system
· 2+ years SaaS experience required
· 2+ years of technical solution design and planning experience, knowledge of ITIL processes and procedures related to Incident, Problem, and Request required
· Proven work experience in a similar role
· Growth Mindset, Problem Solver, Self-starter, Demonstrates Ethical Behavior, Strong Drive, Team Player, Supportive & Adaptable to Change, Exudes a commitment to Personal & Professional Development
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Environment: Standard indoor office setting; exposure to computer screens.
Physical: Requires repetitive motion. Substantial movements/motions of the wrists hands, and/or fingers. Sufficient mobility to work in an office setting; stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; operate office equipment including use of a computer keyboard, mouse, scanner and other tools as needed.
Vision: See in the normal vision range with or without correction; vision sufficient to read computer screens and printed documents.
Hearing: Ability to hear in the normal audio range with or without corrections.
Company Profile: One Inc provides insurance companies a digital payments platform designed to maximize retention of the new generation of policyholders—while reducing security risks and minimizing payment processing costs. One Inc has become the fastest growing digital payments platform in the insurance industry, and now manages more than $2.5 billion a year in payments for customers. Our talented, ambitious, and innovative team of professionals work collectively to disrupt, pioneer, add value, to solve challenges for our customers and their insureds. One Inc is a high growth company revolutionizing the industry.
One Inc is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all EEOC legislation in each jurisdiction it operates in.