AstraZeneca is one of the world’s most exciting bio-pharmaceutical companies. From scientists to sales, lab techs to legal, we’re on a mission to turn ideas into life-changing medicines that improve patients’ lives and benefit society. We are active in over 100 countries and we employ over 59,000 people . We are an innovation-driven biopharmaceutical with over 60 years of experience.
AZ Global Technology Center Guadalajara
The AstraZeneca GTC in GDL, is a vibrant, high-energy facility, fully equipped to support our business with 490 IT professionals. We continuously improve our IT environment by innovating for competitive advantage. We are fully committed to redefine and provide support to enterprise-wide IT solution platforms, infrastructure and services.
The SAP Americas, Technical, APO & BW Lead will operate in both global and regional capacities. The role holder will provide expertise and hands-on leadership relating to the applications BW, APO and PI, the technical areas of ABAP, Security and Integration and has responsibilities in both project delivery and service.
Role and Responsibilities
- Use knowledge and expertise to ensure service and project delivery as per their defined methodologies
- Monitor timescales, resources used and the performance of team members in service and project delivery taking appropriate action in case of any deviation
- Review and deliver stakeholder’s quality expectations for service and project delivery providing the constituent deliverables, ensuring that realistic plans are prepared and maintained as appropriate and that stakeholders and team members all understand, are committed to and deliver to those expectations
- Demand and capacity management and ongoing monitoring of resource allocation using standard toolset
- Gather and analyze feedback and diagnoses areas of improvement & align the team to appropriate development plans and annual targets
- Work collaboratively with leadership team ensuring adherence to periodic reporting and adhoc requests
- Ensure effective stakeholder management by accurately and actively representing the team to relevant stakeholders, ensuring that relationships are built and maintained both within and outside the immediate organization
Essential Skills and experience
- Minimum 7 years SAP BW/APO experience and typically more than 12 years’ overall experience with SAP technologies.
- Experience of Development and Security
- Not only a Subject Matter Expert, but also having significant experience and passion for SAP Project Management in the technical domain
- Minimum 4 years in leading teams and developing people
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and experience necessary to work in globally distributed, complex organization
- Strong stakeholder management skills and a team player, with experience in working with cross functional, multi-cultural teams
- Hands on experience in preparing
- Planning artefacts (Project Management Document, Configuration Management plan, Quality Management Plan, Project Schedule, Resource Plan, Training Plan, Communication Plan, Risk & issue Management Plan)
- Tracking artefacts (MSP, Activity Tracking Sheet, Defects Logs)
- Good working knowledge on Microsoft Project and Excel
- Experience with policies, procedures and guidelines within a quality, compliant, and secure environment (e.g. GxP, Sox).
Desirable Skills and experience
- SAP PI Experience
- SAP Solution Manager experience
- GRC experience
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.